Chinchilla Rabbit???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starina

Reaction score
I was wondering what breed of rabbit I have. She has pretty blue-grey eyes and a white underside. Sorry the pic is so big.

~Star~

restingtinkle.jpg

Can you:

share more pictures (of different poses)?

share more information (weight and age)?

maybe give a measurement of the ear length or something?

I'm guessing it is chinchilla colored something...I don't think its a flemish from the head shape but I'm not good at this..

Just remember - like harlequins (where there is a harlequin pattern anda harlequin breed of rabbit) - you can have a chinchilla - or you canhave a rabbit with chinchilla coloring/coat.

Peg

Sure here are links to more photos... I don't want to post HUGE pics.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/TheGreatStarino/sleepytinkle.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/TheGreatStarino/Tinklesweater3.jpg

Ears are about 4.5" Nose to tail about 23" Nose to ears about4" I have no clue what her weight is... we don't have a scale here. IfI had to guess on her age I would say that she is about 10 months. Igot her in April and she has grown ALOT since then. Is there anythingelse I am missing???

Thanks

~Star~
*changed 2nd link. It is a side view, but she is an ugly, bad fitting sweater I made her.*

I have no idea, but...

you're second picture link didn't work.

Also, those pictures aren't very large. You can easily post them.

I believe those who are more experienced at identifying breeds mightprefer more of a side shot of her, out of her cage.

A chin satin? I didn't know there was such a thing! LOL I bet those are very pretty to see, I love the chin color in any breed.

gentle giants wrote:
A chin satin? I didn't know there was such a thing! LOL Ibet those are very pretty to see, I love the chin color in anybreed.

Yep :) Chinchilla is an accepted variety in theSatins. They are very beautiful, although not very common inmy area. I did used to have a Chin Satin buck. Iwouldn't be surprised if someone is also working on the variety in MiniSatins.

Pam

I think a chin satin would be nice too, myTinkle BUnny isn't one though. She has "normal" bunny fur. SHe sheds itall over me when I brush her and pet her. :)

~Star~

Satins also shed :) The fur shaft is just thinner and more translucent.

It's hard to tell from photos, but the coat really appears to be satinized.

Pam

I go that impression from the pics, too. Satinized just means extra shiny, LOL. Do you mind if I ask where you got her?

I thought that satins were those short velvetly feeling bunnies. She is soft, but doesn't feel like velvet. :bunny5

I got her at a petstore in Albany's Crossgates Mall. I think the placewas called Pet Place. That is all I know, the staff there didn't knowwhat kind of bunny she is.

~Star~

Starina wrote:
Ithought that satins were those short velvetly feeling bunnies. She issoft, but doesn't feel like velvet. :bunny5

~Star~

You're thinking of the rex coat.

Pam

Latest posts

Back