Chasing then snuggling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaplinaus

Reaction score
My male Bunny Oliver and female bunny Apple are both fixed. Their main area is the upstairs. When I sneak up the stairs I can see them snuggling, but then as soon as I get up there, Apple runs away and Oliver chases her until she stops running. We will also hear them running around for a few minutes through out the day/night as well. It's always with Apple running away from Oliver. There is no mounting or fighting involved. There is never any fur flying, or reminiscence of fur flying. I'm worried that she lives in terror and in anticipation of when he is going to chase her next. Am I being an overprotective mother?

Could just be their game to play. Not totally sure, but as long as you don't see any sign of being scared by Apple or being bullied by Oliver, I think they're just playing;). No, you're definitely not being overprotective, these are good things to ask:).

My buns do the same too! Buttons, my female rabbit, is the one that's constantly chasing Yohji, the male.

Each time i come out of my room (the buns are in my living room) or whenever i call his name, Yohji will get up and run, and that makes Buttons chase him. She doesn't bite him though.. she just gives him some sort of a headbutt lol.

i've been wondering what all that means as well. i dont think Buttons is trying to get attention 'cos she doesn't seem terribly bothered when i go over to pat her. maybe its some form of exertion of authority? Buttons is the dominant bun between the two of them.

Latest posts

Back