Cecal poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
I have a little 8 week old baby who has cecal poops everywhere and I dontknow why. She also likes to go right outside the litterbox to poo but she pees in the litterbox just fine most of the time. Its these cecal poops that are really getting on my nerves they are on the shelf and on top of the igloo and she steps on them and they get all squished into thewire floorand the plastic of the igloo. Does anyone know why she is doing this and how I can prevent such a mess. I have already provided a solid place for her to sit but its not working and everyday when I get home from school they are all over the place, she evengets them on her back (not sure how she does that) Please help its driving me crazy. Any advice would begreat.

~Hayley~

Some of my buns, especially the babies, have had excess cecals. I cut their food down to minimal food for a day, like a few pellets, and gave fresh hay every hour or so because they seem to eat hay more when its new to them. after a day or so I increased the food a tiny tad and kept increasing little by little until I found the amount that didn't give them excess cecals.

I know that most people free feed their under 6 month buns, but I never could because otherwise I would have been 5 ft deep in cecals, lol. My babies are 5 months now and the vet just told me that they were all in excellent condition, so free feeding doesn't have to be done to have a healthy bunny.

So yes, that's what I did, and maybe it might be worth doing that for yours?

Apparently it happens when they get too many pellets and eat the pellets over their own cecals, or have too many cecals to eat,so cutting down the pellets and upping the hay shouldwork.

Umm....are you sure they are cecals? Could itbe mucus covered poops? For some reason I am seeing warning signs here....8 weeks old...poopy problems. How long have you had this rabbit and what are you feeding her? If you have only had her a short time....are you feeding the same as she was getting before?

Randy

Gabby is one of my babies I have had her eversince she was born but thankfully her funny poops have stoped since I just cut down on the pellets and did what flashy said about giving hay in more times a day and it seemed to work plus I started giving a little cooked rice everyday and within two days they had all but stoped. She went without having anymore funny poops for a few days so yesterday she went to her new home. :(Now its just me and my momma bun no more babies.

~Hayley~

Latest posts

Back