Cat likes to lay in the rabbits cage? Is this okay??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvMyRabbits

Reaction score
My cat and my rabbits get along very well..they dont try to harm each other and have no territory issues or anything like that..they enjoy each others company in everyway so I dont want to stop their nice bond if I dont have to..The thing is my cat likes to lay in the rabbits cages..he doesnt use the bathroom or anything like that ( if he did I definitley wouldnt let him go in there ) he just goes in there to lay down or to drink from their water dishes that are inside their cages. Totally harmless. He has his own water but he likes to drink from their automatic waterer thing I have out for them as well as the dishes in their cages..He also likes to chew on their hay I guess it kinda flosses his teeth? lol who knows! Is this a problem since he doesnt use the bathroom in there? The rabbits dont mind that he is in there..they go about their business per usual like hes not even there..and they dont have a problem going in at night because of his scent or anything like that..So is this ok? I think they just really like each other and my cat is beginning to think he is a rabbit..

Oh let me not forget while I'm asking about cats and rabbits..I know that rabbits arent supposed to use the litter that cats use and I dont use that for their litterboxes in my room ( they have 2 ) I use carefresh bedding with some hay on top for theirs..but my cat's litterbox is in my walk in closet where it has been since we got him 3yrs ago..a few times recently I noticed some rabbit poops in the cat's litterbox in the closet..not like everyday or anything just like 2 times in the last 2 weeks..I know they are not supposed to use the cats litter because of the dust so should I discourage them from using it in there even though they are using a litterbox just not the right one?? Or since it's not a everyday occurance should I just smile and be grateful its not on my floor :p. I was thinking of putting a babygate up in the doorway of my closet to keep them from going in there but there is this shelving type thing in there they love to lay under..its their favorite spot to lay ( they are in there sleeping under it as we speak )..what is your opinion on this??

IMG_2475.jpg

LOL
I cannot answer this objectively soI will only say that I have a cat loving rabbit who sleeps in one of my rabbit's cardboard boxes .
I seriously cannot be objective on this issue as I know this cat and he would not hurt a flea and is declawed in front.

I do think that you should restrict the buns from the cat box and there should be no contact between a bun and cat feces.

Someone else will most likely come down on us for allowing this !!!! :)

one should not have to be concerned about public opioion,.here,.this is cool,.what ever works,.you see i too have two indoor rabbits have raised two american tabby(tortise shell)-any problem has been at a minumum,.however i have insisted on they use their own respective poop boxes,and water dishes(cross contamination).when kittens(4mon.) they survived the parvo-virus,..rabbits cannot get this virus,.the rabbit weighs 9#12oz.blk/bwn havanna,what a sweetheart,who currently has sneezes(enterococcus)-nasal bacteria,,which i am now researching as to where it came from(meow)?? ,sincerely james waller

Hello i have the same problem.. My cats (i have 4) go in to the rabbit den too and i am shooing them out. Also Georgie is obsessed with running to find the cat tray and jumps in while i am desperately trying to stop her. I get her out and she has left some poos in there. I dont know what to do either. I could try changing cats litter to the wood pellets but i dont think they would like it and i hate the thought of the rabbits going anywhere near the cat poo. Although animals are normally quite good and manoevering themselves around the poo it would seem.
I keep the door closed so they cant go in there but invariably at some times it is opened and they dart through. Does anyone have any other ideas????

Latest posts

Back