Cat and possible ring worm.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
Ok so the titlte says most of it.

Boss may have ring worm I am not very happy at the moment. I go to the vet tomorrow to find out for ure but I am 90% sure I have done enough cat care in my day to be 90%.

But my problem is they have played in Storms cage storm has been nose to nose with Boss and Guess where Bosses break out it yes his nose and face.

I am taking boss in tomorrow. The vet office I am taking him to has the vet that nuetered Storm. so i am going to take him in and have him do a once over. So I can get meds for him to just in case.

What do i do about his cage and such. I know I am jumping the gun but I am pretty darn sure. What can I do with all of storms toys and his flooring is carpet OMG I am going crazy.

Quarantine Boss from the rabbits.

if strtictly quarantined he can no lnger transmit to the other animals. remember you need to watch for the lesions on yourself. Wear gloves when dealing with all of them. Our shelter get many ferals and strays (cats)and often staffget ringworm

http://www.preciouspets.org/newsletters/articles/ringworm-pets.htm

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=559

Until the cat is treated it is best to isolate him and prevent yourself from contracting it it is not absolute that the rabbit wil even contract it.

Don't use any chemicals on the animaslls until you go to the vet.

and to be honest you cannot treat the environment until the ringworm has been treated.

You can quarantine Storm if you want but this may not be necessary, however, may be best to to this if you want to treat the home.

be careful in exposing any of the animals to any strong chemical like bleach

Yep, it can be really hard to get ringworm out of cats, as I'm sure you know. At our shelter we have a separate place for all the cats with ringworm and everybody has to change clothes and all that when they go in there. Bunnies can get it, so keep checking Storm and cleaning the house. I would think they'd give him an oral antifungal drug if he got it.

Back