Cartrophen injections

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedbunny

Reaction score
Hi there!

I was hoping someone had experience with cartrophen injections for arthritic rabbits?

There is not much info out there and read one page it shouldn’t be used with metacam. He is on metacam and buprenorphine. Don’t want to do something wrong. Also read other people using it while rabbit is on metacam. So I am very confused and lost,

thank you

I have experience with the US version of it, Adequan. It's similar but not exactly the same thing. And I did continue giving my rabbit meloxicam while on the Adequan. But just briefly looking into cartrophen and meloxicam, it does seem to suggest it's not recommended due to how anti inflammatories interfere with the healing process of cartrophen. Though other non anti inflammatory pain relief can still be given with the cartrophen.

https://www.cartrophen.com/for-vets/faqs-vets/

It might be worth looking directly at the studies that were done, with other animals if there isn't much on rabbits. That's likely where it was discovered giving anti inflammatories at the same time, interfered with the cartrophen.

Back