Captain Snow Not Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnicula

Reaction score
Bunnicula's Castle, S.Central, Pennsylvania, USA
Our sweet mini Rex is behaving strangely today. This morning when I fed their breakfast of pellets, he didn't seem too interested. He kept standing on his hind legs for me to pet him (and he is NOT an affectionate bunny) and licking his NIC cage bars.

When I checked the bowl after work tonight, it looks as if he ate very little...maybe nothing. He didn't seen to touch anything in his hay rack, either. I let him out so I could clean up his litter box and cage because otherwise I can't tell if he's pooped or peed today.

I got him to eat 3 papaya tabs (still no interest in pellets). He nibbled a bit of hay, but not much. He doesn't seem as active as he would be when out to exercise. I am gonna try some greens or veggies now...

*sigh*

I haven't felt his tummy yet. Was hoping he'd hop around actively, but that is not happening. Off to continue my investigation. Please send healing thoughts and prayers his way.

Thanks!

~Mary Ellen

Awww I hope he is feeling better soon! How is his drinking? Please keep us updated, I worry about him. Your buns are special to me :rose:

Gave him a tummy massage...which he hated...but it also got him running around the room to avoid me :biggrin2:. There was no unusual feeling...no bloating...no rumbling or gassy noises.

Then brought a bag of greens and a salad bowl in. He was nibbling some hay when I went in the room. As I began to put the greens into the bowl he began to gobble them. I found a piece of lettuce that was brown & limp, so I tried to get it out of the bowl.

HE ATTACKED ME! My response, "That's my boy!"

I also discovered that his water bottle was not hanging properly. So it could be that he had no water access since I refilled it last night.

I did clean up his cage and box so that I will be able to monitor poops. No evidence of any soft poops or diarrhea. No tiny poops either. Of course, not sure if there are many new ones from today.

But at least his personality and appetite are back. Still wondering why he snubbed the pellets and hay all day. Not like him at all. Hoping it's just a fluke.

Thankfully, I am off from work tomorrow...so I can really keep a close eye on him.

I hope that Captain Snow is ok! The 'fluke' thing is pretty annoying and confusing,as of today I can testify to that!

Hope that he continues to do well! :)

Jen xx

mouse_chalk wrote:
I hope that Captain Snow is ok! The 'fluke' thing is pretty annoying and confusing,as of today I can testify to that!

Hope that he continues to do well! :)

Jen xx

Thanks for the well wishes. Yeah, I just went to check on him. He had eaten 1/2 the hay and was now gobbling some pellets. Little booger! Still, I am so happy.

Only now hubby is outside struggling to get the mower to work. :faint:This could be even more interesting...lol...

hi Mary Ellen!

glad to hear Captain Snow is back to his usual self :) is this the first time this has happened to him?

So far, Yohji has scared me twice the same way. He lost his appetite for a few hours (he's usually quite the pig!) and got me really worried. Just as I was contemplating gas meds etc, he started eating normally again. Little booger, alrite!

I hope we don't have to experience this 'fluke' thing again!

Latest posts

Back