can you give

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi all

its just i dont think im going ti give lucy any packet treets

can anybody tell me would rolled

porridge oats be ok for a treat

dry of course

Since this thread is already about food..... whatis your take on nuts? seeds? and treats like yogurt drops? Ihave heard all are really bad for bunnies.

Nuts and seeds are high in fats and should beavoided, or given in very limited quanities. We sometimesgive our rabbits small amounts of black sunflower seeds.

Pam

I've heard the shells are dangerous forthem? The reason I ask is that Bo takes off for Casper's cagewhen he's loose.... because he finds underneath all the tiny seeds shehas kicked out! I try to keep him from getting any, but he alwaysmanages a few tiny ones.

pamnock wrote:
Nutsand seeds are high in fats and should be avoided, or given in verylimited quanities.
I wish Peanut and Rex would clue into this. They keep trying to stealthe hamster's food :pMy sister was getting a can of cat foodout of the cabinet and inadvertently left the door open. The rabbitsknow that their food comes from the cabinet, so they immediately wentover to investigate. I heard a strange noise coming from my room (wherethe cabinet is), and I went in to find Peanut with a rather large bagof hamster seed mix that she had dragged all the way across my room, uponto their "stoop" (the ledge that they jump down from their cage on),and was struggling to get the bag over the lip of the cage doorway.:shock:The little theif! She hadn't actually broken into thebag yet, so I just scooped it up and put it away. But every time I openthat cabinet they start looking for the hamster food. Silly bunnies....

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I've heard the shells are dangerous for them? Thereason I ask is that Bo takes off for Casper's cage when he's loose....because he finds underneath all the tiny seeds she has kicked out! Itry to keep him from getting any, but he always manages a few tinyones.

I have also heard that the shells can be harmful, but can't confirmthis. It was also rumored that the shells form whole oatswere dangerous, but I fed whole oats for years and never had aproblem. I certainly wouldn't panic if the rabbit ate someseeds, but they are not birds and their digestive systems are designedfor browsing on greens and tender shoots.

Pam

m.e. wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Nuts and seeds arehigh in fats and should be avoided, or given in very limitedquanities.
I wish Peanut and Rex would clue into this. They keep trying to stealthe hamster's food :p My sister was getting a can of cat food out ofthe cabinet and inadvertently left the door open. The rabbits know thattheir food comes from the cabinet, so they immediately went over toinvestigate. I heard a strange noise coming from my room (where thecabinet is), and I went in to find Peanut with a rather large bag ofhamster seed mix that she had dragged all the way across my room, uponto their "stoop" (the ledge that they jump down from their cage on),and was struggling to get the bag over the lip of the cage doorway.:shock: The little theif! She hadn't actually broken into the bag yet,so I just scooped it up and put it away. But every time I open thatcabinet they start looking for the hamster food. Silly bunnies....

Oh my god, they are so smart.

m.e. wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Nuts and seedsare high in fats and should be avoided, or given in very limitedquanities.
I wish Peanut and Rex would clue into this. They keep trying to stealthe hamster's food :pMy sister was getting a can of cat foodout of the cabinet and inadvertently left the door open. The rabbitsknow that their food comes from the cabinet, so they immediately wentover to investigate. I heard a strange noise coming from my room (wherethe cabinet is), and I went in to find Peanut with a rather large bagof hamster seed mix that she had dragged all the way across my room, uponto their "stoop" (the ledge that they jump down from their cage on),and was struggling to get the bag over the lip of the cage doorway.:shock:The little theif! She hadn't actually broken into thebag yet, so I just scooped it up and put it away. But every time I openthat cabinet they start looking for the hamster food. Silly bunnies....
i am LMAO here picturing those little buggers lol

Latest posts

Back