Can they be related? o_O

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
Hmmm k I really have to ask this out of curiosity. I know nothing about breeding so please forgive me if I am waaaaaaaaaaaay off :p

The foster bun was acquired maybe 2-3 weeks after I got Dahlia. She was purchased at a nearby pet shop if I remember correctly. I know that the breeder that bred Dahlia, sells his bunnies to many local pet stores. So anyway, the foster bun definitely has BEW in her bloodline and I was told that Dahlia does also. Well Dahlia does have blueish eyes. Anywho, just found it funny because they are the same size and seem to be the same mix.

Is it possible maybe the buck was a BEW and reproduced with different females so they are maybe partly related? Or is it even possible they came from the same litter even if she was purchased some weeks later? She was still really small when they got her.

Bah anyway, I am just really curious. Lol. I have no idea if it's possible. I just know that we don't have many bunny breeders around here at all so I guess there is a good chance they both come from the same place.

I have my Dahlia who looks like this:

031-3.jpg

And this is my new foster bun:

002-10.jpg

It is possible. I have a black jersey wooly rabbit here that I have had for a year, I got him when he was 3 months old. I have another here that I have had about 4 months, a blue jersey wooly. I got them from two different breeders. I didn't know that the blue had come from the same breeder as the first because I had gotten it from a different breeder. Well after coming home and putting his pedigree in my book, I thought - gee, I recognize some of these names. So I started looking and come to find out the black jw and the blue jw are full bothers, just from litters that are months apart. My rabbits do not look as much alike as yours do. You never know, they could be from the same litter, have one of the same parents, or the same parents just different litters.

Latest posts

Back