can i take my bunny to a lake?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielrorozco

Reaction score
would it be okay to take my bunny to a little lake at a park and let her splash around in the water?
can bunnies swim? :O

thanks...

:)

No :(
that would not be anything that a bunny would enjoy.

rabbits don't enjoy water and actually should not even be given baths other than in an emergency situation.

A rabbit can potentially swim a short distance if in a life-or-death situation.

You might have seen rabbits on youtube paddling about. That's isn't your average rabbit.

I think a lake visit wouldn't be appropriate for your rabbit... big scary world, strange noises, lots of water. Likely more scary than anything... Unlike dogs, rabbits tend to prefer to stay close to home.
You can take her on a supervised outing in a fenced in area of your yard.

Play it safe. Find a shallow rubbermaid storage box and fill with 1-2 inches of water, and put it in your rabbit's play area. That way, your rabbit can choose to play in the water or not.

okay thanks...

that makes sense because earlier today i was reading how you can use a spray of water to break up bunny fights n such..

ima newbie if you can't tell :x

NorthernAutumn wrote:
A rabbit can potentially swim a short distance if in a life-or-death situation.

You might have seen rabbits on youtube paddling about. That's isn't your average rabbit.

I think a lake visit wouldn't be appropriate for your rabbit... big scary world, strange noises, lots of water. Likely more scary than anything... Unlike dogs, rabbits tend to prefer to stay close to home.

Play it safe. Find a shallow rubbermaid storage box and fill with 1-2 inches of water, and put it in your rabbit's play area. That way, your rabbit can choose to play in the water or not.

will do! thanks a lot

When we still had snow, I filled my shallow rubbermaid box with snow, and put it down in their play area. Some buns liked to stick their paws in, and others just sniffed.

It's really important not to place them in water or snow ... wet bunnies are upset bunnies. They will have far more trust in you if you always let them choose to experience things for themselves.

Keep asking questions :)

haha aw well i live in southern cali and dont get any snow but that sounds nice and fun

thanks for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back