Can baby bunny pee on its own?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballentine

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am new here but I have been learning a lot from here since I owned my bunny Onxy. She gave birth three days ago with 4 kits. It is her first pregnancy so she does not have lots of experience on taking care of her babies. She didn't pull her fur to prepare her nest box, and her babies were born in the litter box. These days we are helping her on feeding the kits as well as stimulating pee and poop after each feeding. Everything was perfect for the first two days, but today I tried to stimulate the kits to pee for over 5 minutes and nothing came out. I used a cotton ball dipped in warm water and lightly stroke the anal area like what I did before, and none of the bunnies peed. I also notice that they pooped just a few minute after the feeding without my stimulation. So we are wondering it is possible for the kits to pee on their own? Or maybe the doe suddenly learned how to be a mom and lick the kits? The nest box was full of pine shave and grass so I can't tell if it is wet. I know it's bad for the bladder if the kits don't pee, so I don't know whether I should stimulate them again or wait until tomorrow to see.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Any idea would be wonderful!

Latest posts

Back