Cali Doe Vaginally Bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bramble Briar86

Reaction score
I was gone all day today up in Chicago and wheni came home i checked my Cali doe to see how far along she was, icouldn't feel anything when i palpated her so i went rooting aroundthrough the hay in the nest box and foung eight kits. They all aresquirming and making little baby sounds, so they're healthy, but theymay need some milk. I checked to see how my doe was doing "underneath"if you will, and there was about two "drops" of blood expelled and shelooked a bit pale. I'm going out to check her again to see if any moreblood has come out and probably will all throughout the night. I knowrabbits aren't supposed to bleed much after kindling. My question is,should this amount be normal? i'm also going to palpate her for aretained kit right now.

:help

Thanks in advance,

Ellie

I think she's going to be okay now. I checkedher out, no retained kit. I plucked some fur from her and put it in thenest. She's stopped bleeding. i'm guessing that she kindled rightbefore we came home and i went out to check her and then i panickedfrom there. :dunnoSorry:foreheadsmack:

Ellie

No worries... It sounds like she may have justkindled w/in the hour or so. I've had does that show no signsof bleeding immediately after kindling to other does who have blood uptheir legs and on their tails... all this is normal after kindling.

What would worry me though is if you see excessive bleeding (likepuddles) - THAT is cause for concern... and would require an immediatetrip to the vet.

Sounds like you've got a nice litter there... Don't forget to announcethe litter's arrival in the Rabbitry section for April's litters:bunnydance: (& We all love pictures!)

~Sunshine

Latest posts

Back