Cage updated pictures included

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebop11

Reaction score
I picked up some pannels at Walmart tonite and decided to start building I only grabbed one package though so this is what I could come up with tonite .

I just built an extra level on top of there cage that they have already I put some tiles on the one side and I was wondering how are they to know that they can go up there ? put them up there ? and I was wondering if it would be better to use sticky tiles and put like a blanket or rug over them I dont like the ceramic tiles just had them laying around so tried it out ..Or if this is still to small I couldjust take off the top of there old cage and buy another package and just build some levels .

What can I use fora ladder and will they actually use it ?

012-1.jpg

011.jpg

Looks good so far ;) I would definitely get more and build another level! (As long as it's stable enough).. be sure you build a top on the cage as well. They would probably can jump outta that. I would make a ramp from wood, and attack little stair-like things so they can get a grip as they go up. I have a shelf in my bun's cage and they jump on it, but Solara falls a lot cause she misjudges her jump. But there's nowhere on mine to build a ramp.. lol. she does pretty well, but to get them up there, i'd put some sort of fruit up there, like a small piece of apple, blueberry, strawberry, banana, or grape.. they'll most likely go get it. Good luck :)

Yes I was thinking another level and roof didn't have enough pannels to finish tonite lol.
They aren't big on fruit lol hmm , Im going to grab some more tommorow and try it again make it more accessable for them to get up :)

nice modification...id be careful with another level...gonna be top heavy....it doesnt have a wide enough base ..but shoot theirs ways around that..like securing it to the wall somehow ..also when the buns jump down a level they kinda need landing room..they are in motion and never just hop straight down...they end up sliding and face planting into the cage wire..hehe..its gonna be trial and error...see what works for them and alter what doesnt...have fun with it...i have built all 10 of my bun cages with Nic cubes...trust me they had to be tore down and rebuilt a couple of times...cuz later u think..poop i shuda put a door there....or how in the heck am i gonna get in there to clean it...:)

ladders are kewl if u had room for one..ladders take up alot of ur room..most buns know every nook and cranny of their cage..they will find the other level.. for traction the tiles dont work,.,.just cut out some cardboard box pieces that fit in that area and poke holes thru around the edge and ziptie to the wire ..on top of that differs from rabbit to rabbit for me..depending on my chewers...i use grass matts that i ziptie to the wire cage for some buns and others i buy a whole bunch of the tub grippies stickers that u use in ur shower so u dont wipe out.u know the ones ,,seashells,,ducks..whatever they stick on and they work awesome but if u got a chewer just make sure its sealed down really well cuz they will leave it alone as long as they dont find an edge to grab...and heads up those tiles that ur using if they are just sitting on that shelf with no double sided tape or something..its really dangerous...they slide around too much..when they jump up for the first time u dont want it to be a bad experience or they might never go up again...sticky tiles will hold better..but they are slippery too and dont put a blanket on top of any slippery surface..it just makes it more slippery..a little carpet would work but the buns hate laying on that in the summertime...u got some good ideas already..keep us posted on ur build.:)

Latest posts

Back