Cage mats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ard78641

Reaction score
We used to buy seagrass mats at Cost Plus World Market. They were sold in strips of 1 foot squares for a dollar a square. We attached them to the shelves of Tifa's cage and they provided sure footing for her leaping around as well as hours of endless chewing entertainment. Alas, they are NOT selling them now, and the local store was unable to advise me if they would be carrying them again...
We put down 6 squares at a time, and they last about 2 months in the lower cage levels but only about 2 weeks on the top "perch" level. We bought one of those expensive "corn husk" mats at a petstore just to have something on the top level, and she demolished it in days! I know that I can buy some grass mats at pet stores too, but $4-5 dollars a mat is pretty expensive!
Does anyone else buy this type of matting? If so, where and for how much?

I also used to buy the world market mats. Then I stocked up on some grass doormats from my $0.99 store and we're still working through those.

Latest posts

Back