Cage Lining>>

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
So Lulu lives in an extra large pet cage. I've always put down some sort of mat on the cage because I find it makes her hoping quieter (she lives in my bedroom). I also thought it might be nicer on her feet.

The problem is she destroys everything I put down. I bought a big roll of shelf liner and I just kept changing that out everyonce and a while, but I thought I would see what you all came up with.

Am I being silly trying to put something down at all? She is basically completely box trained. She always pees in her box but she leaves quite a few little poops around.

I use plain sheets of paper to line my cage, And I have never looked back, Specially if you have a long haired bunny, There is nothing to get tangled in there fur, Oh and I usually use 3ply!

In my doe's cage i have fleece down.. I had a post like this and RO members told me use this,

nicolevins wrote:
For lining use newspaper
I don't recommend this...When it gets wet, for whatever reason, the ink will transfer to the plastic and the rabbit's fur. Trust me, I've tried. :/

Can't you just put down hay or litter?

I third the recommendation for fleece blankets. Gus is a fabric and carpetshredder (you should see the runner in my hallway... :p) and he hasn't been able to doANY damage at all to the fleece blankets I have in his cage!

They're sold just about anywhere (especially at this time of year ;)), wash and dry super easy, repel rabbit pee quite well,the fibres are supposed to be easy for a rabbit to pass if they do ingest some of the material, and they're super cheap! My local dollar store sells24" baby and pet blanketsfor$1.50 a piece.

Hope that helps!

Rue

snap, this is what I usually do (use newspaper). If not I use plain A4 sheets. Also I use newspaper to line it but I put shavings all over

In Ireland I have never heard of a fleece blanket.

Nicole, from what I can see fleece blankets are baby blankets, you know the small soft ones. Might be wrong but that is what they look like :) I just use wood shavings, as does almost all Irish people for small animals :)

Nicole, from what I can see fleece blankets are baby blankets, you know the small soft ones. Might be wrong but that is what they look like :) I just use wood shavings, as does almost all Irish people for small animals :)

You can buy fleece blankets everywhere. They are simply polyester the same material you have for some outdoor jackets or jumpers. I got mine in Penney's in the baby section for 2-3 euro each

Old towels that you don't mind being chewed on are good. I use woven straw mats that I get at my local pet store because they're edible though not particularly sound proof.

Latest posts

Back