Cage idea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
I can't afford too much, but want my buns to have tons of room. And have it easy to clean up.

So my idea is to use wire in a wading pool. Make the edges safe of course so they dont get cut up.

Would this work? Would it be big enough for 1 or 2 fuzzies?

It would largely depend on the size of the pool. I have a kiddie pool that I use for the buns to be outside in the summer. It would be too small for a permanent cage.

Wire on the floor is not the best idea (if that is your idea). It can cause foot problems. A solid bottom is much better and safer for bunnies.

Have you looked into an NIC cage? They are fairly easy to build and if you can get the grids on sale, not that expensive either. If you have a litter trained rabbit, cleaning is easy. There are some threads on them and how to build one.

Some people use large wire dog crates as cages. They are fairly easy to clean, but the sides are low so bedding can be kicked out. If you find a used one, it would be fairly cheap.

Right now my bun is in a 3x3 ft x-pen. It would be at least that size. Once I rabbit proof they would be allowed out far more often.

The wire would not be on the floor. It would be a roll, around the edges (on the inside, sorry if Im not explaining well) and then hooked together. I could also use corrugated plastic, but thats not see through. So the pool would be the bottom.

Latest posts

Back