Cage cleaning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Mine love it when I clean their cage. It'slikea big ole party time when we clean their cages. And it'sparty time every other day in this house, with spot cleans in between.

Abby is the supervisor, she is right there making sure I do it right.Valura is now my little helper bunny. Chomps of course is lazing aboutand couldn't care less.

How does everyone else's bunnies react?

Rex runs in terror, then becomes indignant that I am moving his things. Peanut tries to help out.

Baby use to have a MUCH SMALLER cage so I wouldjust take her cage apart and clean it and bring it back inside, and youcould tell she was curious about it.

Now that she's spoiled and has her two-story, i can't exactly do thatso, when I start taking her litter box out and cleaning it out, shethinks she has to be right in the middle of it all. If I havemy little dust pan and broom, she tries to take it from me.

Last weekend, I did a major cleaning and vaccummed out over everythingincluding her stairs and her toys because she's shedding somuch. She HATES the vaccuum, so she would get scarred and runout of the cage, but she just could stand me messing with it and notknowing what was going on, so she kept hopping back inside and gettingawfully close to the vaccumm hose. It was funny.Especially when I vaccummed her little Elmo, that's her friend.

Abby and Valura hate the vacuum too. Chompers is so funny though, he could care less about it!

Actually, when he was shedding like crazy, I actually vacuumed him(with my mini hand held vac) and he LIKED it! Yes, he likes beingvacuumed people. We'll take pictures one of these days and show you.

When we first got Chernish, he was veryinterested in me cleaning his cage, he used to put his nose right inthe middle of it and smell everything. Now he just hides in his hidingbox every time I clean his litter box. I guess he trusts me to do thejob right.

The funny thing is, he got very excited when my husband cleaned hiscage once. He jumped right in the middle. We were cleaning the bottomof his cage, and he was so excited about it, as soon as we would puteverything in a pile to load in the bag, he would jump on top and startthrowing it all around. I had to put him on the couch so we couldfinish cleaning.

I actually vacuumed him (with my mini hand held vac) and he LIKED it! Yes, he likes being vacuumed people.

Such true words. Fergi actually seems to enjoy me vacuuming her aswell. She just sits there as I run the dust buster over here. She doesnot like me cleaning her cage out though. She growls the whole time andlunges for my hand. Needless to say I now remove her from the cageprior to cleaning. Ben still likes to check out what I am doing butwhen I turn on the dust buster he runs and lays down in his litter boxtill I am done.

Fergi's mom

Tucker can't stand it when I clean hiscage. I do it when he's out and about.Fauna just sits there like a lump and doesn't care. She's somellow.

-Carolyn

Elf alternates between wanting to be on the samelevel I'm cleaning/vacuuming, and wanting to be no where NEAR where Iam, by jumping to another level. She very rarely will leave the cagewhile I'm cleaning, though. She has to know what I'm doing.Occasionally she will grunt at the vacuum cleaner when it invades her"space."

When I clean Murphy's cage I just take him out and put him in a pet taxi.

It only takes me a few minutes. I just change the litter andvacuum the carpet in his cage from all the little poopie that got outof the box.

He's pretty good. Sometimes he'll dig at the pet taxi door to try and get out.

Bub tries to leap out into my arms. He enjoys being obnoxiously in the way.

All of them seem to like being in the middle of things.

Rose

bunbun hates the vacuum!!!!:Dand shehates when i get near her cage,usually she's right at my feetwherever I go when I clean the aquariums and stands up to see what imdoing with the fish :pshe wants to help!!

Even if I don'tclean everything, like If I just hose down the bottom of the cage orchange out the litter, Sebastian had to chin rub EVERYTHING! It is sofunny! Like who else has been in there? But he has to chin rub hiswater bottle, bowl, toys, all of it...

Raspberry

Guin used to hop to the other side of the roomand let me do my thing, since I was cleaning out litter boxes and stuffand she likes when I do that...

Since Gir came along however... they are both in my face trying to seewhat I am doing and wanting to help. Such nosey buns!

Yesterday while I was cleaning his litter box,Chernish just laid down next to it looking very relaxed. I wassurprised, usually he hides in his hiding box.

My bunnies are always in the way when I attemptto clean their cages! They're not territorial about them, they justhave to be by me or sniffing the broom I use to get stuff from the farand of the hutch that I can't reach (it's a 4' cage, not so easy to getat the stuff). I've resorted to taking them out of the cage otherwise Inever get any cage cleaning done, lol.

Even when I rake their rabbit runs, they have to be by me, It's hard to rake up a rabbit you know!

Perry and Pernod just have to be there, watchingwhat I'm doing. It's funny but they have all day when they can go intotheir cage to eat hay, poop or whatever, but they wait until I'mcleaning it until they go in :?- Jan

lyla likes to jump in and out when im cleaningher cage to make sure i know if i mess up her house she willdo the same to mine:?

LuvaBun wrote:
Perry and Pernod just have to be there, watching what I'mdoing. It's funny but they have all day when they can go into theircage to eat hay, poop or whatever, but they wait until I'm cleaning ituntil they go in :? -Jan
Yeah, the Missus was complaining about how Missy waits for her toclean/change the litter, then jumps in to leave a pile of poops, too!

Buck

Cupcake likes to sit right in the spot I amtrying to clean & won't move when I try to use the dustpan& little broom to clean the bottom of the cage. She has hernose right against my hand the whole time checking it out. She eveninspects me closely every time I pick up a poop that missed her box- Ithink she is worrried I will "steal" her treasures or something. lol

When I change her litter box I often remove her from her cagebecause she likes to sit in the spot it goes & won't move.

Funny how so many buns like to be right in the action!! :):)

Sue

Latest posts

Back