Cabbage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Can Violet have Cabbage? we have some of the green and some of the purple and i was wondering if it was ok to give her some. thanks for the help, it's not one any of the lists i can find :p

Anna

Cabbage is actually the same species as kale and collard greens, which many people do feed. Yes, it can cause gas in some rabbits. I haven't had an issue, but then none of my rabbits have shown any sensitivity to any greens. Cabbage is actually a favorite here, especially the purple stuff.

Start with only a very small amount once per day and keep an eye out for any tummy upset. Although if your bun seems to get gas from veggies easily, you probably shouldn't feed any at all.

Cabbage has been a real favourite of all of my buns. :) It's fine to feed, just monitor her when you start just like you would with any other new food, if there are signs of problems better to stop, and introduce it gradually. :D

Thanks, i'll start her slowly. she LOVES salad, inhales it when she gets the chance, LOL:p!

Anna

Latest posts

Back