Buzzing Sound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guy is an un-neutered male mini-lop who is about 6 months old. He's a very sociable bun (loves people) and I also know his hormones have kicked in over the past couple of months. As soon as his cage door is opened he rushes out, and as he dashes around sniffing the air and checking me out, he makes a kind of buzzing sound-quite low pitched. Is this because he is happy or 'excited'?

Jo x

jcl_24 wrote:
Guy is an un-neutered male mini-lop who is about 6 months old. He's a very sociable bun (loves people) and I also know his hormones have kicked in over the past couple of months. As soon as his cage door is opened he rushes out, and as he dashes around sniffing the air and checking me out, he makes a kind of buzzing sound-quite low pitched. Is this because he is happy or 'excited'?

Jo x
Sounds like he is very excited, the buzzing sound you are hearing might be him clicking his teeth, sometimes called rabbit purring. My buns do it when I am holding them and petting them.

Latest posts

Back