Buy A New Jersey Bun A Spay or Neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
I stole this from a rescuelist...

[email protected]wrote:

Before Thanksgiving I wrote about a woman who had to move out of herboyfriends house and needed help with 18 rabbits. I got many emails ofsupport and some offers to help with spays and neuters, but never heardanything back again from any of them. No onestepped up for these rabbits and none of the rabbits were sponsored orrescued. I am guessing it was because of the busy holiday weekend.

Well, she was able to take half of the rabbits with her toher grandmothers, but the rest still need homes! I am financiallyunable to support more spays and neuters right now as it has beenalmost 6 months since our last adoption.
They are still at the ex- boyfriends house and heis threatening to take them to a kill shelter if they are not allgone. If anyone can foster, rescue or sponsor a spay/neuterplease contact me ASAP. I don't want to see this Christmas be the lastfor these young healthy rabbits. They are all indoor rabbits, friendlyand some of them are litter box trained. I have pictures and we areworking on setting up accounts at the three vets we use forspays/neuters to make it easier to donate but it will take some time toset up. Neuters are $55 and spays are $85 plus a $30 checkup.
If anyone has access to a lower cost rabbit knowledgeablevet and can help us out, that would also be appreciated and welcomed!
Please email me if you can seriously help these babies, theydon't have much time..I can provide pictures upon request.Happy Holidays~

Oh my goodness :shock:
I wish I could help you save those poor bunnies, but I'm afraid I can'teven come up with a lower-priced vet (Mine wants $75 to neuter Butterand probably much more for a spay)...
I -might- be able to adopt ONE of them, but that won't save the rest,and I'd really have to talk to my parents about it..... (I will talk tothem about it if you think it would make a difference, though....Ireally want to help those poor little guys out )

Yeah, I am.... :(
If it was possible, the bunny would have to be flown over here (I couldpay for half the cost).... But if you think flying would be tootraumatic for a bunny, then I guess I can't help there..... :?

Latest posts

Back