But bath for urine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right section to put this, I dont think Belle is sick but i have a but bath question. Ok Belle is acting normal and eating normal, BUT!!!!!!! apparently Belle pee'd and was sitting in it, her bottom was all wet, soaked , wet. I took a towel and tried to dry her bum the best i can, but i was wondering if i should put her in a sink and just rinse her off, bathe her bottom, or just leave her be?

I didnt see the puddle so i am assuming that she pee'd and soaked it up with her bottom. I changed the box, and the fleece on the run part so that i can keep an eye on everything just in case.

If she was soaked then definately use a towell or cloth to try and get off as much as you can. Then leave her a while to groom it off herself, but if it gets to this evening and she hasn't, and is still all uriney, i would give her a butt bath. I wouldn't want to leave her overnight with a dirty bum.

It also depends on how well she deals with them. If she hates them, then really make it the last resort. If she is fine with them, then there shouldn't be any reason not to give it if needed.

Jen

what she does sometimes is pee on the shelf in her cage and hops through it and will sometimes sit there. So far she doesnt have urine scald that i see, and she doesnt do it alot but occasionally.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
I dont know if this is the right section to put this, I dont think Belle is sick but i have a but bath question. Ok Belle is acting normal and eating normal, BUT!!!!!!! apparently Belle pee'd and was sitting in it, her bottom was all wet, soaked , wet. I took a towel and tried to dry her bum the best i can, but i was wondering if i should put her in a sink and just rinse her off, bathe her bottom, or just leave her be?

I didnt see the puddle so i am assuming that she pee'd and soaked it up with her bottom. I changed the box, and the fleece on the run part so that i can keep an eye on everything just in case.
belle,could have-medical/diet- issues,-try an edible grass in the poop box-ie.timothy hay.//.offer water in a heavy bowl.//.having a wet bum for any length of time is irritating to the skin//does the pee look odd.??-white,etc.??--using warm water in a cup with a teaspoon of baking soda/place this over the area-to wash/rinse the area,-then -towel dry,-then using a hair dryer/dry -the area/judge temperature with your hands-soas not to injury the rabbit-continue combination of hand towel-hair dryer -until dry--let me know if you have an problems----sincerely james waller:big wink:

Latest posts

Back