Bunny who refuses to stop urinating in nest box!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn J

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just a question with regards totraining a bunny to not soil in her nest box.Two weeksagomy son Mitchell went to our local area cattle market withhis grandfather and arrived home with another rabbit. This brings us tofour now. Not thinking Mitchells grandfather told him that she would bemost likely sold for meat at the sale and that did it for Mitchell.Sheis a beautiful rabbit though. Actually looking much like the white andorange one on the cover page for the forum. The problem is that shewill not stop dirtying in her nest box. I have no idea where she waskept but she is a very calm and loveable rabbit so she was obviouslymade of. The other problem is that I think she may be pregnant. She hasgotten wider since coming to us and today I felt her belly and coulddefinately feel bumps. Will she continue to soil her nest box once thebabies are born or may this be the solution to her learning not to .

Aprils babies continue to thrive at three weeks old. Mitchell takesthem out in his little yard daily for a run and also a chance for mythree youngest children to sit and pat them. Mitchell has found homesfor four so far but I think it will be a sad day when they are oldenough to go. I am not just thinking of the kids when I saythis either. Ha Ha. Did I not read in a recent post how rabbits areaddictive. I think they have me as well as my son.

Take the nest box out clean it thoughly put itback in the cage in a different location.I put the nest box in no morethan three days before due date .i realize you dont know when this isso you may have to keep cleaning it out.usually they dont pee on thebabies but i have had one doe that did.bluebird

Someone had suggested that blocking her out ofthe nest area altogether for awhile may teach her to start using thewire cage rather than her bed. Does anyone think this might work ? Iknow that I cannot try it now as I wouldn't dare block her from her bedwhen I am not sure when she is dueto haveher babies.

Thanks

Carolyn

Latest posts

Back