Bunny Weight Fluctuations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
OK, I was trying to get Toby to his "ideal" weight. He only eats a little bit/day. I am currently feeding him 1 1/2 ounces a day, but he eats only about an ounce of it. It that OK? I don't want him to starve :(

How much weight is OK to lose in a week for a bun his size? This is his weight chart:

08/29/08 4 lb. & 1.6 oz.
10/27/08 4 lb. & 1.3 oz.
11/02/08 4 lb. & 1.3 oz.
11/09/08 4 lb. & 2.0 oz.
11/16/08 4 lb. & 0.6 oz.

Are those all OK weight fluctuations? :( I don't want him to get too thin. I can feel his backbone REALLY well. I don't know how much of it I should be feeling :(

Always munchin' on hay (not a lot, he never does eat a lot of hay) and he eats about 1/2 to 1 ounce of veggies/day. He's not too big on veggies, either.

This morning, he had a hardened poo stuck to his bum. It looked like it had been mushy to start with. Not diarrhea-ish, but still squishy. :?

I believe that you wanted him to lose weight.? Sorry if I'm wrong on that.

Those fluctuations are not that great, however, I would be concerned about a rabbit with a poor appetite.

Aren't you trying to switch him to a better pellet? That could cause the decreased appetite. However, the fluctuations aren't that large. Just like my own weight can fluctuate 5lbs in a day, small fluctuations are normal.

I did want him to lose weight because I thought he was too heavy, but I still could feel his back/ribs with no extra squishy to him. I laid off the diet idea. I just thought a four-pound Nethie was a bit much lol Guess not! :p

He is on 50/50 (Sunseed/Oxbow mix) right now. I just changed it from 75/25. He was eating about the same before I switched it. Should I just give him 1 ounce if he's not eating everything? He does eat more veggies than before (half an ounce was recently bumped up to one ounce). He decided he liked romaine :p

Latest posts

Back