Bunny Updates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
As youknow if you have been keeping up with the stories of Tramp and Pigeon,not too long ago we moved them from the basement (where the computersare) to the living room upstairs (where the TV and kitchen areasare). So far this arrangement is working out MUCH better forall of us. Mommy and Daddy are happier because we get tospend more time with the bunnies and most of their really destructivework on the carpets has stopped. Tramp and Pigeon seem happyto have more room to explore. It's funny though because theystill really have not ventured out of the living room into the hallwayor kitchen on their own yet.

Pigeon seems to have stoppeddigging and chewing the carpet completely... and is doing MUCH betteron the potty training. The other night I had a very longrough day at work and just came home, let them out and laid down on thefloor. Pigeon immediately came right up to me and startedgiving me little eskimo kisses (rubbing noses with me). Itfelt so funny because her whiskers were tickling my cheeks!She has really come out of her shell a lotand is starting tocome up to us like she's investigating what we're up to.

Tramp is also doing good... butin different ways. He's coming out of the cage more often, infact he's picked a new favorite place in the living room that is justfor him. One of the first mornings up there when I knew hewas really relaxed and happy he started doing something very very oddlooking. It's hard to really describe but I'll do mybest. He picked an area next to my workout machine (you know... the one we all have that doubles as a clothes rack)... he was about1 foot away from it... and just started running circles about 2 feet indiameter doing full binkies every half circle. He did thisfor at least 5 full rounds of the circle, it was hard to count thoughbecause I was laughing so hard. Then he stopped and lookedaround like he was worried someone might see him being silly.It was the most adorable thing ever! :cool: Unfortunatly, tobalance out this cuteness, Tramp now seems to have taken up digging andchewing at the carpet, though to his credit his litter manners aredoing very well, and his idea of chewing isn't anywhere near whatPigeon was doing downstairs.

One final story about the bothof them.About two weeks ago, I was sitting on thefloor eating my dinner when the phone rang. I took my burgerwith me, but forgot about the fries completely. By the time Iget off the phone (maybe 3 min later) I turn around to see my husbandabout to bust a gut trying not to laugh out loud... then I look overand each bunny has an end of a large crinkly fry hanging in theirmouth, working toward each other.. just like their namesakes!I tried to get to a camera but when I moved they both took off:?. It was still funny though!

And finally... one topic thatis definitely O/T but still fun. We just got back thismorning from a hot-air balloon ride. It was way fun... noteven as scary as I thought it might be, though I was a little nervouswhen we first took off. By the time we landedwewere both doing great... pointing out wildlife (aka foxes) runningaround below us and watching the whole sky filled with beautifulballoons. Not a cloud in sight anywhere.... was a blast... ifyou get the chance I would say go for it!

Okay.. that's all for now.. Ican only stall doing the housework today for so long:?

What a great story. Thanks for sharing it. I lovethe idea of them sharing a crinkly fry:p. One of my rabbits sometimesdoes small circle binkies, I've no idea why but I agree it's veryfunny. I envy your balloon ride, I've always wanted to go on one. Itmust have been great.

What great stories, Pigeon and Tramp!!So glad that they're doing well and that they sound so happy in theirnew surroundings.

Tucker will do what Pigeon did to you by tickling you with herwhiskers.Isn't it the cutest thing when they wishto make you laugh and then once you do, they keep coming atyou? It catches me by surprise when both bunnies will reactto a sad or upset mood of mine. Tucker will dig at my anklesto get me to pet him, he'll jump up next to me and tickle me with hiswhiskers, as Pigeon does to you, because he knows it'll make melaugh. Fauna will let me hug and cuddle her as long as I needto. It's amazing how they react and help when you need themthe most.

The hot-air balloon ride is something I've always wanted totry. I'm deathly afraid of heights, but love planerides. If I feel safe, then I'm fine with it, but the hot-airballoon is something I'm not sure if I'd love or hate. I'msure I'd love it once I got over the initial feeling of fear.They offer rides like that where I am and they go down to the NYCityand turn around and come back up along the Hudson River. I'msure it's a beautiful ride. Thanks for sharing that withus.

Sounds like all is well in your home. That's great to hear.

Happy Day!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back