Bunny sneezing, Please Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For a few days now my bunny has been sneezing a lot more then usually. i checked his nose and there is no discharge. he has been playing normal, taking his treats, eating and drinking as usually. i know he is having a heavy shed right now so i don't know if that would be the reason or not. also recently we had to give him a different type of carrot. so what i wanted to know is if there is no discharge and he is acting normal is there anything to worry about? or should i take him to the vet when i get home? i am also wondering if it is possible for a rabbit to make himself sneeze with its own hair? any information would be great.

Is there anything new that could be contributing? It could be a new bag of bedding that is a bit more dusty, some dusty hay, him shedding a lot, a temperate change in your house or another factor.
Try cleaning the whole cage, brushing him and see if it helps.

If you are concerned, then a vet visit can be a good idea. If it gets worse, like more frequent or there is discharge, then definitely get to a vet.

A lot of things can cause a rabbit to sneeze. I would first check for any changes in his environment that he might be allergic to, and if that doesn't give any clues, a vet visit it in order. I doubt that changing the type of carrot you feed him would cause him to sneeze, unless he only sneezes when the carrots are around.

Back