Bunny pictures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
Here he is....! I still don't have a name yet though...maybe Henry or Winston?

Okay I had to edit this multiple times because my attachment wasn't working...

DSCF0032.jpg

Blurry bunny head!
DSCF0035.jpg

Bunny butt!
DSCF0036.jpg

Aww nice...
DSCF0037.jpg

Sorry about the blurriness...I didn't want to usea flash and freak him out even more. Any thoughts on his breed? I haveno idea.

I agreewith Christine. Is his fur very soft....like velvet? Thats a trademarkfor mini rex.

Lanna

P.S. this is a black minirex doe. Maybe you can compare and see if the head and body are shapedthe same.

Yes, his fur is very soft and velvety, differentfrom any other bunny I've ever petted. If he is a mini-rex though, I'mnot sure where the mini part comes in -- he's quite large in myopinion! Not huge, but subtantial.

:)

Well, mini-Rex's certainly not a dwarf breed, butthey are smaller than the standard-sized Rex. I have a black mini-Rexas well, he's probably around 6 pounds. The head shape of your bunnylooks identical. Aren't they just sooo soft?:D

I agree that he looks like a Mini Rex.Bucks for show should weigh no more than 4 1/4 lbs. You mayjust have a boy who's oversized. Standard Rex weigh over 71/2 pounds.

Pam

Only 4 1/2 pounds? :shock: May my boy be closerto a standard-sized Rex?? *sigh* Not like you can count on a pet storeto give you an accurate breed description.

It's not uncommon for a rabbit (even purebreds) to be too large or too small for their breed standard.

Maximum *show* weight for Mini Rex bucks is 4 1/4 pounds -- 4 1/2 pounds for does.

Pam

Winston (now officially christened!) is startingto settle in. He had a bit of a scare before. I left his cage door openand left the room (closing the main door), not expecting him to hopout. However, when I came back in, he was out! I startled him, though,and he made a frantic beeline for home.

Now, though, he's hopping around exploring. He's starting to trust me atad more, although I still startle him more than anything. However,he's exploring under my bed -- he loves it because it has a skirtaround it, so it's like a hide away. However, it also has all my bunnysupplies and a storage crate, so he's causing a bit of a ruckus. I'm soglad he's getting braver! His claws need a good clipping, but I'm notsure if that'll happen for a little while. Yay for Winston!

What a little cutie. Sounds like he is attaching to you and the place. He'll come around sooner than you expect.

Latest posts

Back