Bunny Noises

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Mocha keeps making this sound; it sorta sounds litle he's 'humf'ing me, only deeper. it sorta sounds like its coming from his chest. and he usaly makes it when he wants me and/or something(like help getting up on the sofa). i'm just wondering if anybody elses buns make this noise, and if so, when.

Anna

sounds like a grunt. Tony does that when I get up in the morning to feed him--he runs circles around my feet and grunts at me! so cute!

Flower makes this noise when she's annoyed with me (in other words, when she's hormonal, haha). For instance, approach to pet Flower with your hand coming from the front, and she honks...whereas, if you approach with your hand coming directly from ABOVE, she's fine, and lets you pet her. Very odd, but hey, that's my girl.

Here's a video of SweetPea honking in her own SweetPea way when I was trying to turn her onto her back to trance her for a nail trimming last night:

What wonderful timing and that video was awesome. Sweetpea is soooo pretty.

Last night we were playing and watching the bunnies working on their bonding and Hubby was sitting down petting Petra for like hours it seems. she will let you do it for how ever long you want to. Me I dont spoil her that way.
I give her lots of pets but not all at the same time. I do spoil her in other ways tho.

I was trying to work on Cocoa's socialzation, when hubby said "Petra is making strange noise other than her tooth purring.

She was not only tooth purring but must have been doing little grunts as well. I never know her to be very vocal so we had never heard this before but sounded like SweetPea.

We were worried about her maybe getting a cold.

BB
Cyn

Nibbles (spayed female) usually makes grunting/honking noises when she's happy, excited, wants to play, etc. - *not* when she's upset with me. At that point, it's footflicks, dirty looks and hiding out where I can't possibly reach her. ("Leave me alone!")

They're all individuals, and i'm convinced that their vocalizations vary a lot, depending on individual temperatment/personality - if you do some searches on this site, you should be able to find other threads on bunny sounds, with stories about many different buns.

Latest posts

Back