bunny lethargic and seems different?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilzzy

Reaction score
so my bunny is a netherland dwarf, almost 1 and half years ago. he's been looking normal the past few days until just now. he is litter-trained but has been urinating outside of his box now. this has happened more than 6 times for the past 1 or 2 hour. and he usually just lies down and urinates (on the carpet!)
he also seems very lethargic which is very different compared to his normal self. usually at this time (9pm ish) he would run around, especially if i bring him out of his pen. this time i brought him out but he just sits in the corner or lies down.
i don't know about whether he has stopped eating/drinking but i know that this morning he ate lots. though now he doesn't touch his water or lick water off my hand like he usually does :/

is there something wrong with him? :S is he sick?

Yes, and it sounds serious. :( I'd get him to the vet ASAP, he probably has a urinary tract infection or possibly stones.

They'll give him an infusion of fluids and probably antibiotics.

Lethargy in a rabbit is not good.

sas :clover:

Alright, since it's like 10pm ish here, the vet isn't open. Is there anything i could do to make him feel better? he's not drinking nor eating.. or pooping for that matter. All he's doing now is lying down on the carpet and urinating a little bit every 5 minutes. :/

I will be bringing him to the vet tomorrow first thing at around 8am though.

It sounds like he's in a lot of pain and probably trying to pass a stone, like Pipp said. Can you force him to eat or drink? Put some water into his mouth via feeding syringe? If you put the syringe in and put the liquid in, he should swallow. If he does not swallow, he's in big pain and needs to go to the emergency vet.

Latest posts

Back