Bunny got fur ripped out !!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
:(My daughter was playing with bunbunthis morning and she tried to pick her up by her fur :(mydaughter had a handful of fur in her hands and bunbun got away!!! Imworried that it hurt bunbun really bad cuz she went and hid after ithappened and hasn't come out since!! so I can't really tell what thedamage is!! as for my daughter she won't be playing with bunbun anymorebecause she's too young to understand that she's not suppose to playwith the rabbit that way:(I don't think she will ever want tobe near my daughter again.... is there a way I can check if she's ok??or to coax her to come out!! im worried and i need to checkher!!!!:(:shock:

Some buns are still in molt right now, and you can easily pull a handful of loose fur out without hurting them.

If ignored....she'll emerge eventually! :)

Rose

:)we left her alone, and she came outduring supper time!!! Thank god! I never knew that much furcould come out of her during molting:shock:cuz she is moltingas we speak:pwith the amound of fur im finding Icould make another bunny:D

Be sure to brush her every day with such a heavy molt. You don't wanther getting a hair blockage, which could be fatal. You might want tooffer her some fresh pineapple once a week to help keep her intestinalsystem clean. The pineapple has to be fresh, not in a can because ofthe enzymes necessary are only in fresh pineapple. If you have a saladbar in your grocery store, you can get a couple of slices that way.

You could also offer her some canned pumpkin - and with this item, ithas to be canned. Something with the canning process helps the rabbitsstay cleaned out. Offer that to her as well.

Rabbit's can't cough up a furball, they can only pass it through theirsystem. With a heavy molt, keep a close eye on her poops gettingsmaller and her slowing down on eating. (Truth be told, my rabbit had avery serious blockage without being in a heavy molt, so you always wantto keep an eye on how their eating, drinking, and pooping.)

Trust your instincts as to if your daughter can handle being with thebunny unsupervised. If you feel she's a bit too young, listen to yourintuition and follow it. It will never lead you wrong.

Glad to hear it worked out.

-Carolyn

Peppy was molting like crazy, so I gave him afull groom. I took my special grooming tools, he hasn't shed a hairsince lol WOOHOO!

Luna21,

Be sure the little one has access to unlimited amounts of timothy hay.It will help pass the fur along in the intestinal system.

And by the way, don't worry about Mana. It's a silly thing that I'msure everyone already covered for you in the previous post.

You're very valued here and very well liked, so don't even let itconcern you. Everyone should have a full block of it, but we don't useit and many of the members don't even know what it is.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back