Bunny flop..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meghan910

Reaction score
I finally made Manhattan one of those cavy cagessince the old I had just scared me since it was waay too small. Heloves the extra room, running everywhere. I've noticed that every oncein awhile, he'll be in a sitting position make a few hops and then flopdown almost on his back. What does it mean, is it his sign of sayingthat he's happy? I'm going to attempt to post a pic of my little cutie.

Meghan

It sure is a sign that he's happy. Congratulations. :)

-Carolyn

My norton does this all thetime.The first few times i saw him flop out likethat I thought he died!! Very funny but a sure thing he is happy andcontent with his house and family!!:dude:

LOL! Yes, bunny flops can bedistressful for the first time, uninitiated bunny owner. Onceyou realize though that all is well it can be very amusing.

More info:

Very relaxed rabbits will roll onto their sides or even on theirbacks. A favorite way to do this is to first twist one's head sideways,then fling the rest of the body into line so that the feet fly out tothe side. This is called a "flop" and indicates a very happy bunny. Ahappy rabbit may lie on its side (or back), and stretch or wiggle orsometimes just hold still there. It may even roll its eyes a bit sothat the white shows. When you first see this you will probably beafraid your rabbit is dead, because it looks pretty odd. If you rushover to give it CPR, it will quickly right itself and look strangely atyou for disturbing a nice stretch.
Source:http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_gazing.html

bunny flops hehe when i first got lyla i usedtolet her run on my bed and she was close to the edge and did a bunnyflop and rolld right off the bed i could help but laugh she looked likealicia siverstone from clueless when she rolled off the bed.

lyla was ok thought thank hevans

OMGthatanalogy of Lyla andAlicia Silverstone ishilarious!

Bunny flops rock socks, (hmm try saying that one REALLY fast) a truesign of contentment. Jade is a professionalfloper, whilstJezebel likes to keep her flopping to the inside of her cage.

LuvaBun wrote:
AwwBunnyMommy - It's made my day that you sing about mybabies .Atthe moment, they are laying under the bench on the decking, enjoyingthe good weather
Ohhhhhh, I know that must be the most precioussight!

Latest posts

Back