bunny caught a cold?-Resolved.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenisHopper

Reaction score
heyy people:]

so, i was just downstairs like, 2 minutes ago, petting denis, and he sneezed like, 3 times. i think he might have caught a cold since he's always outside in the patio. what should i do? do i have to make an appointment to the vet? it's not that serious. well, at least not yet. he's only sneezing a little. so is there a way just to make your bunny comfortable and treat him at home?

Is there any discharge?

I should move this to the Infirmary... unless you wanted it in the Rabbitry?

sas :clover:

er, what do you mean by discharge?
oh, you can move things to different forums too? how come only some people can move them? and i was thinking about moving it to the infirmary. could you do that for me? thanks:D

Some of us work here. ;)

Is his nose wet? If it is wet, is it clear or snotty?

Any sign of wetness around his eyes? Chin?

He could just have a 'tickle' from hay or something, or he could have the beginnings of an upper respiratory infection in which case he'll need to see a vet.

Keep an eye on him and see how it goes.

sas :clover:

That doesn't sound like a lot to be worried about. A few sneezes like that without any snot could have just been something stuck in her nose. I have seen a URI and it is tons and tons of sneezes in a row.

DenisHopper wrote:
o ok. well, i'll still be making sure that it isnt anything to worry about:]

Bunnies can't "catch colds". It is common for a rabbit to get an infection such as an upper respitory infection. You will likely see discharge as has been mentioned.

It's good to be concerned, esp when you're rabbit does something you've never seen/heard before, it can be concerning.;)

Mine has had some crazy sneezing episodes, sometimes, scary. But, no discharge, colored as well from the nose, is a good sign. Could be hay stuck in the nostril or allergies or even throat drainage.;)

Sounds like bunny is fine though.:D

yep, he's fine:] i think you were rite....i'm pretty sure he just had hay in his nose or something...i mean, he still sneezes every once in a while, but there's no discharge:] thanks for asking:D

Latest posts

Back