bunny breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny0718

Reaction score
i am new to the forum. i amabout to buy 2 bunnies a male and female. the male is californian andthe female is californian mix. very pretty. i was wondering if anyonenew how many offspring they would normally have. i am so excited. arethere any do's and dont's i should know about. thanks let me know. rita:)

Cals generally produce larger litters of 6-10babies. They can be a hyper rabbit that are not suitable forthe pet market, and there is not much of a market for large, mix breedrabbits except for meat or animal feed.

For these reasons, it will be important to plan ahead and have adequatehousing to separte all thelitter so they do not interbreed orfight among themselves.

Proper housing and medical care can be very expensive for that numberof rabbits, so be certain to have an emergency medical fund of at least$200, and have the cages you'll need for the offspring "before"actually breeding in the event you are unable to sell them.

Pam

Yes...and as my two Californians say about their cages....

"SUPERSIZE THAT PLEASE!"

:D

pamnock wrote:
and have the cagesyou'll need for the offspring "before" actually breeding in the eventyou are unable to sell them.

Pam

Latest posts

Back