Bunny breathing heavy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elibunny

Reaction score
Ugh long story so. My bunny has diagnosed possible chronic snuffles I’ve been doing my best to treat it (being a depressed bipolar isn’t easy to always be able to try to handle the scamper) I try to give him medicine whenever he has bad sneezing fits or is scratching his ear a lot due to the wax build up which I recently discovered. which he’s going to a vet on the fifth. When I give him medicine I have to pick him up and wrap him in a blanket or towel due to him constantly trying to bite you and you would physically have to pin him down and try not to hurt him and lift his head but with his squirming it’s easiest to wrap him and hold him to do it. It stresses him out severely that right now when I tried just checking on his ears from him rapidly trying to scratch he is now in the closet and panting heavy. He’s been acting a little weird more relaxed than normal unsure if these are signs of him passing away or anything. I lost one bunny which was his brother to this illness and I’m doing my very best to try to take care of him and manage it. Is there any tips for this? I’m almost at a loss

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm so sorry! It sounds like your trying very hard! Sadly, I really don't know anything about this condition. I bet someone else on this forum can help.
I hope he gets better!

It's good you're going to the vet soon. I assume bunny is on antibiotics? They normally need to take this once or twice a day for several weeks. I hope the vet can advise you. If the bunny is eating normally you could try making a pellet mash of a few pellets and a drop of boiling water and mix the meds in. If he is willing to take it like that it avoids a lot of stress.

It's good you're going to the vet soon. I assume bunny is on antibiotics? They normally need to take this once or twice a day for several weeks. I hope the vet can advise you. If the bunny is eating normally you could try making a pellet mash of a few pellets and a drop of boiling water and mix the meds in. If he is willing to take it like that it avoids a lot of stress.
He is on antibiotics and I’m hoping the vet will give me good news. Although thank you for the suggestion I will try to do that I’m unsure how he will take it he’s a smart bun but I’m hoping it’ll work

Latest posts

Back