Bunny Bald Spot scabbing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilFluff

Reaction score
Hi there! I'v been wandering these forums for awhile and when my rabbit wasn't eating, all the info relating to G.I. Stasis and giving him critical care really helped! Now I'v come back to ask my first question cause I can't seem to find anything close it!

My lil bunny has been shedding his normal winter coat like he normally does during this season and we have been brushing him so that he wont get the fur stuck in his system but about a week ago while brushing him, he had a bald spot from one of his combings apparently (my sister was brushing him). He'll let us know if he feels discomfort with a lil nudge or jump but we're usually light on his combing but just it was just that the deed was done by the time my sister noticed the spot! She says he didn't signal at all any discomfort but what has me worried was the spot was just so pink. We were hoping that maybe his winter coat just happened to fall out before he grew his spring one right above his tail but after 3-4 days, no new hair.. And his bald spot is starting to scab cause I'm assuming the dry weather here which is making me worried. Its kinda looking like my eczema..
He is kept indoors and I'm at a loss at what to do cause I dont want to put cream on him incase he licks it.. Worst case I'll bring him to the vets but I was wondering if anyone would have an idea before I go?
Please and Thanks!

Latest posts

Back