bunny adoption :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score

843585- Small & Furry:
Silverdale,WA (619)665-8179 Sheila[email protected]
01-16-2005

Name: Babs
Sex:F
Size:L
Delete
Babs is a big girl! I am not sure of her breed, but sheis one of the largest rabbits that I have ever seen. She is two yearsold, white all over, and has a wonderful temperment. Babs is a sweet,friendly girl who likes to dance around our living room (its the cutestthing!). She loves attention, and is great around children, cats, anddogs. She has been spayed, and is potty trained. Please note that sheis a rabbit, and rabbits like to chew, though she has never chewed onfurniture...electrical cords will have to be kept out of her reach. Iwould like to put her in a good home where I know she will be takencare of...it would be nice to find a home that has experience withrabbits, but it is not a must. It really breaks my heart to have togive her away, because I have had her since she was a baby and am veryattached! Its a long story (trust me!), but we have just moved into anew apartment, and the landlord told me that she was not allowed AFTERI signed my lease. So, Im stuck. Ive tried finding her another homethrough friends and family, to no avail. I love her very much, soplease think it through before you ask to adopt. Adoption fee is adonation to an animal shelter of your choice. Cage, pellets, andTimothy Hay are included. Thanks for considering this ad!

Someone posted this site on one of my boxer boards--all these poor people giving up their pets. :( this one caught my eye.

Here is the site:http://www.petfinder.com/post/post.cgi?action=2&type=P

843515- Small & Furry:mini rex
alvin,TX 2813692172 angela [email protected]
01-16-2005

Name: bear
Sex:M
Size:S
Delete
Male mini rex rabbit for adoption to loving home.He alsocomes with all accessareies and his hutch with house on it. He is achilds rabbit and is tame. He is grey in color and just loving. Smalladoption fee does apply but is neg to right owner. Please call. Thankyou

843420- Small & Furry:Rabbits
Inwood,WV please email Heather[email protected]
01-16-2005

Name: Dilly, Roary, and Leo
Delete
I have three rabbits up for adoption (will be adoptedseperately). Dilly is a sweet, calm, quiet dwarf male. He is mostlywhite with black sports down his back, and with brown eyes. Dilly iseasy to handle. Roary is an orange female double-maned lionhead. She isa beautiful rabbit, but is a bit tempermental. She is easy to handlewhen she wants to be. Leo is a one-yea-old male lionhead. He has verylittle mane, but is beautiful all the same. He is white with dark brownspots down his back. He has a very agreeable temperment. None of theserabbits resid ein the same cages, so anyone who is interested in onlyone is very welcome to respond! A small adoption fee applies. Picturesare available on request. I will only adopt out to a nice INDOOR homewho wants a pet rabbit.

843145- Small & Furry:rabbits and guinea pigs
fountain/panama city,FL 850-722-5160 tonya[email protected]
01-16-2005

Name: snuggles and friends
Delete
young rabbits of all types lops, dwarfs, minis andsometimes rex rabbits and guinea pigs for adoption.All of these animalswere rescues from the local shelters. They are loving and wanting to beplaced in a permanent home with you. Dont you want to give me a chanceto snuggle with you? Some of the rabbits are litter boxed trained.

843218- Small & Furry:Miniature Rabbits
Montreal,QC 450 248-4626 Diana[email protected]
01-16-2005

Name: Mr.Whiskers
Delete
Cute mini bunny, white with red eyes, grey ears andnose. He is the offspring of a rescued rabbit. A 10$ adoption feeapplies. Please clearly states purpose of e-mail in subject box.

843219- Small & Furry:All miniature rabbits
Montreal,QC 450 248-4626 Diana[email protected]
01-16-2005

Name: Several Rabbits
Delete
Several rescued rabbits now available for adoption.Homes are URGENTLY needed. These rabbits were saved by a privatecitizen. They are now all in good health and anxiously awaiting foreverhomes. There 5 female rabbits in total. A small adoption fee of 10$applies. Please clearly state subject of e-mail in subject box.

awww thats soo sad! i wanna start my RabbitRuscue now! (i think i'll start working on it today) my mom and dadalready said that i could make a website to help get rabbits adopted.What do you think? do you think it will help? to you know like get thewebsite out, 'n everything... i already have the lay out planned, justgotta get Rabbit pictures and information on them. and then i think allthe Rabbits that they are about ready to put to sleep because they cantfind a home for them, i'll take them in so that they can be adopted!

I think there's a lot more to rescuing than youmay realize. As I've mentioned, I volunteer in a shelter, but I've alsorescued and rehomed many animals and just recently processed theadoptions of two of my foster kittens. I know this may seem harsh, buthere are some things you need to consider:

1) Money. You have to be prepared to pay for full vet care and,perhaps, ongoing treatment for any sick bunnies. Not to mention food,hay, litter, toys, etc. The bills pile up astoundingly fast.

2) Time and space. Lots of cages. Lots of cleaning. Will you be able torotate and give them adequate time outside their cage? Socializationand one-on-one? I "only" have 7 animals, but at the moment they consumeover a half-hour just in my morning routine, and even more time laterin the day. That's on top of school, work, and volunteering.Travelling, or even going away overnight, is nearly impossible withoutsomeone back home.

3) Finding homes for the animals. It's really not as easy as it sounds.In fact, the reason I kept two kittens out of my foster litter is thatthere was no home for them! You'll need to draft up a contract,interview potential adopters, screen people, and deny their adoption ifnecessary (that's never fun). I lost sleep at night wondering if mybabies would find the right homes, and the truth is, many animalsdon't, at least not right away. Are you prepared to keep any bunny youcan't rehome? Into this factors college, because they'll still need youwhen you're in school.

4) Legal issues. I see two potential snags with this. One is the factthat most shelters will not allow you to re-home animals you'veadopted. It's in the contract. They've adopted to you, andthat's who the animal needs to stay with. It's just the way theywork... The other thing is, running a rescue out of your home can oftenrequire a special business liscence, zoning, etc. A friend of mine hadher feral cat rescue shut down for this very reason, because it wouldhave cost her thousands of dollars to run a "shelter" out of her home.

I'm really not trying to discourage you, I love your enthusiasm. Buthere's what I'd suggest: contact theMinnesota House RabbitSociety, and see what they would suggest. Maybe you could be afoster home for them. They'd take care of all the technical stuff,including legal processes and adoptions, and you'd still be able tocare for homeless bunnies.

"1) Money. You have to be prepared to pay forfull vet care and, perhaps, ongoing treatment for any sick bunnies. Notto mention food, hay, litter, toys, etc. The bills pile up astoundinglyfast."

Yeah i thought of that, my mom is sending my picture out to modeling agancies sometime soon!

"2) Time and space. Lots of cages. Lots of cleaning. Will you be ableto rotate and give them adequate time outside their cage? Socializationand one-on-one? I "only" have 7 animals, but at the moment they consumeover a half-hour just in my morning routine, and even more time laterin the day. That's on top of school, work, and volunteering.Travelling, or even going away overnight, is nearly impossible withoutsomeone back home."

yeah my mom told me that she would help me and i plan on getting volenteers as well.

"3) Finding homes for the animals. It's really not as easy as itsounds. In fact, the reason I kept two kittens out of my foster litteris that there was no home for them! You'll need to draft up a contract,interview potential adopters, screen people, and deny their adoption ifnecessary (that's never fun). I lost sleep at night wondering if mybabies would find the right homes, and the truth is, many animalsdon't, at least not right away. Are you prepared to keep any bunny youcan't rehome? Into this factors college, because they'll still need youwhen you're in school."

yeah im gonna have a website for them as well

"4) Legal issues. I see two potential snags with this. One is the factthat most shelters will not allow you to re-home animals you'veadopted. It's in the contract. They've adopted to you, and that's whothe animal needs to stay with. It's just the way they work... The otherthing is, running a rescue out of your home can often require a specialbusiness liscence, zoning, etc. A friend of mine had her feral catrescue shut down for this very reason, because it would have cost herthousands of dollars to run a "shelter" out of her home."

yeah, i was thinking on how to write a letter to them, the state. and iwould let the animal shelters know that i am running a Rabbit Ruscuegroup so if they have any rabbits that need a home that i will take itin and get it adopted.

"I'm really not trying to discourage you"

dont worry your not. you just wanna make sure that i thought this through.. dont worry i have.

and i'll check out that site and get more input on what they think.

and i also have 6 pets (5 which are my own) and i used to rasie ducks, and i had alot more animals then, then i do now. lol

Cinnabun wrote:
"2) Time and space. Lots of cages. Lots of cleaning. Willyou be able to rotate and give them adequate time outside their cage?Socialization and one-on-one? I "only" have 7 animals, but at themoment they consume over a half-hour just in my morning routine, andeven more time later in the day. That's on top of school, work, andvolunteering. Travelling, or even going away overnight, is nearlyimpossible without someone back home."

Lack of space is the only thing holding me back from adopting 6 more bunnies. :D

lol, can never have enough Bunnies! lol.. Rabbits are like Addicting! lol, yah can never have more than one! lol

I've already told my husband that when we own ahouse I would like to have a rabbit rescue. I know a lot goes into itand obviously would do my research on this. It's a full time job andone I'd take very seriously. Thanks for the info, m.e. :)

Stephanie wrote:
I've already told my husband that when we own a house I wouldlike to have a rabbit rescue. I know a lot goes into it and obviouslywould do my research on this. It's a full time job and one I'd takevery seriously. Thanks for the info, m.e. :)

Well, I've been thinking about it too. You know, when I'm older and can have all the bunnies I want ;)

Latest posts

Back