bunny acting weird!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet.pea

Reaction score
my bunny has been acting weird ever since i came home this weekend.

i left my bunny, Peanut at home with my mom and sister and when i came home, she was acting a bit funny. her food bowl wasn't filled with food but with what looks like diarrhea squished and packed into her food bowl. its really weird because she never poops in her food bowl!

when i checked on her again this afternoon, she was just laying there with her back facing me and when i checked her food bowl again, it was worse! then i put more timothy hay into her cage she was wobbling to get up to eat it. when she was eating it, she was kind of shaking.

is this some kind of reaction to her food? :\ i'm very worried about her. what can i do to help her? :(

It sounds like she needs to see a vet, so my advice would be to get her to a rabbit savvy vet, ASAP.

Is she eating? drinking? Weeing? Is she doing any normal poo?

Is it excel cecals or proper diarrhoea? She may need hydrating, so maybe try giving her some pedialyte.

This may get moved to the Infirmary where you can get more help.

Is she spayed? How old? any diet changes while you were away?

How is she acting in herself compared to normal?

i hope not. she's starting to act bit normal now that i've cleaned her cage and all.
i gave her an alfalfa slim and she ate that up pretty fast. and i changed all the timothy hay and bunny food so she's starting to come around eating it.
yes, she is drinking i haven't seen poop yet, but ill check on that soon.
she's not spayed yet because shes about a month and a half old almost two months old.

I moved this to the infirmary.

This sounds like a real emergency.

Your bunny sounds like it needs some hydration immediately. You can try syringing it some water or pedialyte.

You really need to find a vet to take your baby to. So they can figure out why she's having such an upset tummy.

--Dawn

How long have you had her? She is very young and she may be struggling with her gut so I agree, she does need some vet help.

i've had her for about two weeks, almost three.

i just refilled her waterbottle and she's starting to act normal again. i just saw a bunch of poop in her litter box!

That is very much too early to be away from mum and that might be what is causing the problems. I still think you should get her checked out.

What kind of poo is it?

yeah, i'm gonna bring her to the vet soon for a full check up.

her poop seems pretty normal too. nothing out of the ordinary. (finally)

she was doing a bunch of binkies too before when she got out of her cage. she's one weird little girl. :shock:

I would take her in the immediate future and explain what's happened. This potentially could be a sign of something more sinister.

Something like this in her age range is very serious (as others stated )

can you get a probiotic like benebac and give her a dose of that and also as others have stated do not delay the vet visit

Diarrhea like you have described in that young a rabbit could cause death quickly...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11935&forum_id=10
try to give her pedialyte orally until you get to the vet but GO TO THE VET ASAP

Maureen

Yes, whenever we have a bunny (on the forum) with diarrhea, they usually do not last beyond 24 hours without serious vet intervention. I hope the poos have firmed up by now, and you can get him checked out soon soon.

Latest posts

Back