Bunnies and Music?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsJuliet

Reaction score
I was wondering if Chewy likes music the other day. I've been experimenting, and rock, jazz, and pop music seems to irritate her sensitive ears. But classical music has been a winner! While Chewy is lying down and relaxing, her ears perk up when it plays, and she looks very curious to know what all that noise is!

Just wanted to hear some other stories, if anyone has buns that love rocking out or relaxing to some Beethoven!

I have often thought about playing music when I am away to keep the bunnies feeling nice!

But I am not sure if they would actually like this.

MsJuliet wrote:
Just wanted to hear some other stories, if anyone has buns that love rocking out or relaxing to some Beethoven!
Scone used to react to music with very distinct melodic lines - more Bach than Beethoven, especially if it had solo parts which switched location. His ears would swivel to follow the music. He also used to jump up on the ottoman and look at the TV during Star Trek episodes - evidently the rumble of the warp drive intrigued him.

So far, Natasha hasn't shown any interest in sounds, other than to thump when the dehumidifier kicks on in the basement.

My buns seem to like it when I sing to them - but maybe I'm just imagining that to make myself feel better.

I have the radio going in my barn 12 hours a day, i set the volume to medium (10 - 15)

my old rabbit loved music , I know people would say its bad for them but when ever I turned on the music I swear it was like he was dancing :biggrin::nod:bunnydance:

Kirby dislikes pop music. He is much more of a quiet loving kind of guy. My Toby loves anything with a beat. I turn on the pop radio station for him quite often when I don't have enough time to play with him and he sits by the radio listening. I suspect that his favorite tv show, Project Runway, is his fave only because it has a lot of runway rhythmic music :)

a bit of an older thread but hey! why not?

i play music in my rabbit room for when i can't be around. i play things like enya (stuff that you can fall asleep to. he does fall asleep lol) to things like Ozzy Osbourn which he binkies to lol. of course the things can't be loud or they do hurt the ears. i find that the music helps cause the house is run by people who really have no respect for noise levels and i find that Dante's eyes get huge the second that someone walks in the door (loud talking/screaming and stomping and such). the music helps to cover a little bit of the noise.

Latest posts

Back