"Bun-Buns?"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
Do ya'll have any bunnies that look close to him?
bunbunuv4.jpg

According to the breeder(I spoke to him - I whanted to knowif my papers where false or not!!) who imported the rabbits to the petshop where he was purchased, he is a Sable Point lop, but whith "cherrypricks(Ears that failed to drop.)."
Does any one else have any buns that resemble him and if possible couldany one give me more info on "cherry pricks" or the prickedear fault?
Plus, I'd love to see some related pics. Very interresting.

Thanx!!:bunnydance:

I used to have a similar rabbit, his ears neverlopped. I have no idea what cherry prick means (maybe you mean cherrypicker?). I would just say he was a lop with erect ears.

Depending on where you live he may be a sable point or seal point.

Here was Ben:

P.S this sort of thing doesn't go in photo philes, I have moved it for you.

O.K., thanx!! My bad!! Tee hee!!
I live in Virginia U.S.A., I'm pretty sure he's a sablepoint. (I got him in 2002.). When he was veryyoung, he was a little tawny and I used to be confused that he was amini-rex!! The pointed ears and sable point colour only gave me thethought that he was a mini-rex whith maby just had a longer furdisorder or some thing. I was pretty stumped espcially being sold whithpapers. Then I came here for some help and most said he looked like aholland lop. In which I totally took in consideration. Especially afterlooking at this pic and looking at Bun-Bun in the same pose. That bluntsnout, stocky body, short front legs, and big head, really gave me theanswer!!
trixie2ul4.jpg

minilops wrote:
I used to have a similarrabbit, his ears never lopped. I have no idea what cherry prick means(maybe you mean cherry picker?). I would just say he was a lop witherect ears.

Depending on where you live he may be a sable point or seal point.

Here was Ben:

P.S this sort of thing doesn't go in photo philes, I have moved it for you.

Did the breeder say he was a Holland Lop? Someholland lops do have ears that do not lop, he does look like a hollandlop in the picture.

He is certainly a lop of some sort. Has theright body type and the head is very typical of a pet quality hollandlop. If he has papers they should say what he is surely, and give hisancestry? You can see the way he holds his ears, showing that theywould have lopped if his crown was wider.

No, he is not pedigreed he has no tatoo on hisear. It may look like it - when I scanned the picture, a piece offoreign material got on it and I had to colour it. It did not specifyhis breed. He came whith papers whith a golden paw printsaying "Pure Bred Rabbit" and other stuff on it(I lost the papers.) -but didn't mention his breed. That also confuses me since Cocoa's paperlooks differant. On Cocoa's it mentions his birth day on it, his breed,colour variaty, and parent's names.
Basically, I'm confuzzled. But I asked the breeder of Bun-Bun aboutholland lops and he said he does breed them in that type ofcolour(Sable Point.). I don't know if he's trying to slip away from mesince I'm young and I don't own a rabbitry. I could not give him apicture of him - I could only describe him over the phone. I live onthe Chesapeake - and I got him in Richmond. That's too long for me togo. That is the best info I have for right now.

Latest posts

Back