bumps under skin~~~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEBE

Reaction score
Ok...

My bunny has small patches of bumps on his skin~
- area doesn't seem any redness/ hot
- on the hind legs
- he does lick on it~

not able to take pictures, because its under the fur

I am worry. VERY worry.

does anyone have an idea ?!?!?

That doesn't sound good. If he's been outside, it could be warbles/botflies (flies that lay their eggs in the skin of animals). It could be abscesses from old bites, from other animals or also insects. The least dangerous thing it could be is mosquito bites, but I would take him to the vet ASAP because some of the things it could be are very dangerous. Good luck!

If it is an old bite, it could be a scar or an abscess, which is a pocket of pus from an infection. Rabbits are really prone to getting abscesses, and it needs to be treated with an antibiotic, and the vet may lance it and flush it out. There are a lot of methods to treat abscesses, and they depend on personal opinions. I hope that's not what it is. If it's just a scar, there's nothing they can do, but I would suspect that a scar would be visible on the top of the skin as well, because fur usually doesn't grow back over a scar.

in June this baby has mites/ ticks (can't identify which). and he in on revolution (the medication)
during that time, there is little dumpy thing on his skin, with crusty texture...
well, guess those are the mites.

and now that the mites are gone~ and...........

that place where the dumpy skin is,... is not swelling or anything.. it's just skin with dumps~
:(

Is this an outdoor bun?

At first I was thinking along the same lines as tonyshuman as we just took a dead botfly from a bun a week ago at the shelter (he's fine now")
but when you mentioned revolution I am wondering if he is having a reaction to it. You mentioned he is a baby.

I have never used revolution routinely asI have no outdoor bunsbut I would think this would be hard on a baby. I have seen small bald patches on a rabbit at the site that revolution was applied on more than 1 shelter rabbit.
If you cannot get to the vet soon then don't apply anymore revolution for now,

If it wasbot fly larvae the areas would begin to get bigger so just keep a close eye on him.
keep us posted

Revolution is a one month thingy. we stopped using it once the fur mites are gone.
i have done LOTS of research on this drug~ so far it's ok~
and he is not outdoor.. but i guess. during the summer, i bought him to the park... and that's where he got it~

Will you guys have a picture of bot fly larvae??

and he hasn't go outside since June. will that still be Fly larvae??!??!?

Botflies are pretty darn gross. Here's our Library link on them. http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12921&forum_id=10

I don't know anything about Revolution but I hope your vet will be able to help when you see him/her next week. Keep an eye out for the bad symptoms on the botfly page for sure until them--it can go south very quickly.

nah~~ not fly strike~
but thanks for the link~ i read them and know it's NOT that...
ok... what the skin feels like is.. like a patches of healed area~~~~with bumps~

and yes.. he will be in seeing the doctor next week. as long as it's not an emergency.. like fly strike etc.. we will wait and seeee~~

My Sooty has a few bumps on him, i have had him for a year and before i had him he was an outside bunny and he had mites. They are just here and there raised, skin color , bumps, i have never been worried and he doesnt seem bothered by them. They are small in size and not big, now you all are worring me

hahahaha.. i know... we make you worry... thats the thing..
the bump doesn't seem to bother my bunbun too~
ahahha.. it's jsut that i am worrying about him~~~ hwhawhawhawhwhwhaw:p

Latest posts

Back