Buffet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Hiddy Ho! I recently had my girls spayed, and nowafter almost a month, connected their cages together so they have a tworoom condo :p Plus they finally get to live together again now thatJaden's acts of aggression have calmed down! (what happy girls I havenow!) So they still have two food bowls, 2 water bottles, BUTI cut down to one box-so I removed the other box and made it an out ofcage box for when they are rampaging (er I mean relaxing...)

Mystory is, two nights in a row now I have come home to theirout of cage box being cleaned out entirely of poops! Imagine my horrorwhen I thought someone broke into my house, cleaned my girls litter boxand then escaped! OH YEAH, then I remembered we have an indoor housedog, of the cocker spaniel type (dog/house sitting at the presentmoment)

Logical conclusion is the dog is chowing down on these mostdeeeeelicious fibre packed morsels, now the right thing to do would beto remove the box before going out (this actually happened again lastnight and I was only OUTSIDE the patio door for apprx 5 minutes) noteven off the property~Inlieu of carryingaround their litter box , if the dog is going to help himselfto the bunnypoop buffet when I am not in the room-is it safe for him todigest this?

Cher

Shouldn't be a problem Cher, my dogs, along witha couple of others on the forum, seem to find them a treat. It makes myjob a lot eaisier so I am not complaining. They have not everexperienced any adverse side effects because of this. There would bethe possibility of parasite problems, if your buns have any parasitesthat is. Otherwise your house guest should be fine dinning on the bunnypoop buffet! :D

Fergi's mom

Ahh thank you very much for the page, and your thoughts on the matter-now feeling a little faint with hunger I must be off..

Cher

Latest posts

Back