Buck Jones

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
You mentioned in a previous post u use nets 2catch your rabbits. talk 2 me about them cos ebony is a realpain to catch!!!:X
wuv 4rm lauren

They are called "crab nets" here in the U.S. andare used to net crabs as one pulls the critters to the surface of thewater by string attached to bait. The nets are similar insize to hand held fishing nets one might see a fly fishermen using,except the crab nets are usually constructed of aluminum and have along five to six foot handle.

The long handlethrows off the buns' concept of"danger distance," thereby increasing your probability of netting them,though it is not be any means 100% effective at all times.You still end up chasing them around a bit.

Downsides to the use ofa net include the fact that due to therather abrupt stop it can and may cause for the rabbit if it is runninghard when netted,increases the possibility ofinjury; injudicious use of the net might cause one to "bonk"the rabbit on the head or bodyduring your attempt(s) tocapture it; the rabbit can get tangled up in the net,requiring some small amount of time to extract it; and, rabbits can andwill attempt to chew their way out of the net, requiring mending ofsame.

Having written all the above, I must add that none of our rabbits havebeen injured in the past, and mending has been minimal. I buycrab nets at yard/tag/garage/boot sales for minimal amounts and keepseveral on hand as backups should one get damaged enough to throw it inthe dust bin. One can also find them, and pay full price, atfishing tackle and bait shops.

Buck

Latest posts

Back