brush for thin, short, silky fur needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hi! I need advice as to what comb/brush would be best for Mylo's fur. He's molting pretty badly right now, and when I tried to brush him with the Furminator last night, it barely picked up any hairs! It works great on Rory's super thick fur, but Mylo's fur is thinner, shorter and silkier and the brush just doesn't pick it up. Anyone have experience grooming a bunny with similar fur?

I use this comb you get at Wal-Mart for dogs and cats.. basically it's a comb thats got some short tines mixed in with long ones.. it's like short long short long short long...

I use it on my molting New Zealands...by the time I am done it looks as if I killed a rabbit cause of all the fur flyin everywhere.. lemmie see if I can find a pic..

Here's a version..

https://www.bunnyrabbit.com/brcom.html

They retail for around $4.96 at Wal-Mart..

Z

Shed ender! Works great on my Dutch, and my Polish, Dwarf Hotot, New Zealand, my two cats, and a bunch of bunnies at the shelter. :D

Walmart has a less expensive knock-off, and I've seen another version of it at Big Lots recently too.

I HATE molting and have tried everything w/Baxter! I did eventually find a comb/strait razor combo that if you use it enough it keep the "fur Flurries" down to a dull roar.. Feel so bad for them going through this molt! I've had Persian cats that did not have such problems with loose fur... Know your not alone.. LOL

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I really appreciate it and will look into those brushes at the pet store tomorrow. All three bunnies are shedding right now, I have to change into my bunny shirt` njm`
f

^^^ That would be Mylo's impromptu contribution to the thread... he says thank you for the advice, too! He's climbing all over my face begging for attention and it's taken a good 10 minutes to type this reply... Anyway, back to what I was saying, I have to change into a special shirt before holding the bunnies or else all my clothes would be covered with hair. Unfortunately, I forget a lot of the time so have quite the hairy wardrobe anyway :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back