Bringing a rescue bunny home?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy/Thumper

Reaction score
There is a bunny named LEO. He is in MIclose to Detroit. He has been very sick and has had fiveSX. He seems to be better now and has been adopted severaltimes but than returned due to his "strong dog" like nature.We have spoken several times and we would love for me to adopthim. Does anyone have any ideas about how to get him here forhis forever home?

What is five SX???

I don't know how unless you could drive up or find someone coming that way that would be willing to bring him?

Sorry. SX is a medical shorthand forsurgeries. He has had 5 surgeries on his ear. It was soinfected that they almost amputated it. I had never heard of that butso far that has not had to happen. After my post I tried itagain and did get through to rabbitrail road but is seemsexpensive. I have to map it out mile per mile but it seemslike a lot. I know it is a long distance. I justfeel so sorry for the poor guy. To have so many surgeries andthen not have a forever loving hope to help recoup seems so said.

Poor little guy - it's so nice you are thinkingof adopting him. How about the way Carolyn got Cali, withsomeone putting him on a plane there, and you picking him upwhen he arrived. Not knowing the area/distance involved, I don't knowhow practical that would be. Hope you sort something out:? - Jan

Lucy/Thumper wrote:
Sorry. SX is a medical shorthand forsurgeries. He has had 5 surgeries on his ear. It was soinfected that they almost amputated it. I had never heard of that butso far that has not had to happen. After my post I tried itagain and did get through to rabbitrail road but is seemsexpensive. I have to map it out mile per mile but it seemslike a lot. I know it is a long distance. I justfeel so sorry for the poor guy. To have so many surgeries andthen not have a forever loving hope to help recoup seems sosaid.
quite comon in cocker spaniels who have cronic earinfection they remove the whole inside of the ear, they are left deaf,but they no longer have the parts that kept falling prey to infection.Other animals who fall victim to cronic ear infecions have an doexplore this option, because many feel it's better to livedeaf and ifection free, than with cronic ear troubles.

Wonder if I could have my ear amputated! :X I feel yukky!

I hope you get the bunny right quick! Good luck!

thought you might like this, it can also apply to rabbits

http://www.purinaone.com/catcare_cond_atoz_article.asp?Seed=673&ArticleNumber=60

Middle & Inner Ear Infections

Treatment varies depending on the severity of the disease. Inmild infections, oral or injectable antibiotics in combination withtopical antibiotics and antifungal agents are often used. In moresevere or chronic cases, the eardrum may need to be surgically incisedand the middle ear flushed and treated. In some cases more invasivesurgery including removal of part of the bony covering of the ear(bulla) through a lateral or ventral bulla osteotomy may need to beperformed. In very severe cases, complete removal and closure of theentire ear canal (total ear ablation) may be necessary. In caseswhere tumors, polyps, allergies, or other factors contribute to thecause of the infection, they must also be properly identified andtreated for the entire treatment to be successful.

Well, due to the weather none of the fights forrescue animals seems to be a option right now. I will keep youposted. And thanks! That information about the earinfections are very helpful. I had no idea! Wow,poor guy. Thanks and I will let you know what happens!

Lucy/Thumper wrote:
Well, due to the weather none of the fights for rescueanimals seems to be a option right now. I will keep youposted. And thanks! That information about the earinfections are very helpful. I had no idea! Wow,poor guy. Thanks and I will let you know whathappens!
Keep us up to date, and your welcome, I was trying tofind an article on it, I'm sure there are other sites aswell, but even searching unde animals i kept getting humanmedical site, which i'm sure would have helped too, but I wanted animalprespective.

Latest posts

Back