breeding and changes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunny

Reaction score
I think my bunny might be pregnant. Ihave not been able to palpate any babies yet, but I am noexpert. I was wondering about some of the changes she mightbe going through. I noticed that her hair color has lightbloches on it now. I had never noticed it before putting herwith gandolf. (her boyfriend) :D I alsonoticed recently that she has a streak of hair right down the center ofher back that stands up all the time. I know when women getpregnant that their hair changes, is it the same with bunnies?

I have another question, but please don't think I am stupid, but eversince they have been togather, she jumps on top of him.Shouldn't it be the other way around? It just doesn't looklike it is going to work. That is another reason why I am notsure if she is pregnant.

Thanks for any advice.

funnybunny

Does may indeed blossom into a nicer coatwhen they have "bunns in the oven". You may beseeing the "prime line" along the dorsal strip, an indication of aprime, finished coat.

Does may mount the bucks as a sign of domianance or wanting to bebred. Her behavior doesn't necessarily indicatepregnancy. Some does will willingly breed when pregnant --others will refuse.

When breeding, it is advised to take the doe to the bucks cage and supervise the proceedings to prevent possible injury.

Pam

I hate separating them. They are bestfriends. I know sometimes it is necessary, but I just feelbad doing it. IF she is pregnant do I need to take him outwhen the babies come? Maybe a time of separation would begood. Any thoughts on the coat discoloration?

Thanks

funnybunny

Coat discoloration is not unusual in rabbits andis due to many factors including (but not limited to), age of coat, ageof rabbit, sunlight, urine, diet & genetics.

The doe can become pregnant again immediately within giving birth andhave another litter 31 days after the first. If you wouldlike a bonded pair, I would have the buck neutered and ideally, havethe doe spayed.

Pam

I have checked around about having my rabbits fixed, but the few people who would do were sooooo expensive.

Latest posts

Back