Breed or not?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
Ok I am having a HARD TIME finding a suitable red mini rex buck for my 7mth old doe.

My question is should i breed her to my broken buck just so she can have a litter before the chance of her pelvis fusing?? I know she still has 5mths I have read before that..but I am worried that I may not find one in time..etc.

All my readings I have done ( please correct me if I am wrong ) says does need to be bred b4 1 yrs old.

What do you think? I just want to breed reds and REW and work on those colors..but I can NOT find a red buck! AHHHHH

Thanks

What color is your broken buck? What colors does he carry? Do you have an outlet for unshowable babies?

Personally, yes, I'd probably breed her before she gets too old for a first litter. It would be better for her.

Every vertebrae has bones that fuse (including in the pelvis and skull) - this doesn't have an adverse effect on the ability to give birth.

The biggest factor in age is the build up of fat around the reproductive organs.

I'd consider breeding her to another color for now.

Pam

Thank you for your advise..that is what I thought but I wanted to ask. I decided to breed her to my REW buck. He has good lines..has chin, seal, and REW in his lines. My broken buck, on both sides i dont know his grandparents..so I bred him to my REW. Thanks! ( actually WALLE thanks you just now! haha)

Latest posts

Back