breed identifications please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticbuns

Reaction score
First off Merry Christmas *happy holidays* to everyone!

second. I take in unwanted rabbits/kits that people cant take care of due to various reasons from allgergies to loss of jobs to those who just dont want to any more, i have recieved 2 rabbits that at this point are very happy and appear to be extrememly healthy, although i am unsure of their breeds ( i am the type that needs to know every thing LOL) i've posted this same question on another forum with not much luck..some help but not specific enough for me ( if that makes sense ) i was told the grey one when i recieved her was a mini satin...even tho she is extrememly silky in appearance i have been infomed that she is more likely to be a chinchilla/nethie mix although i think satin was more of a breed than the others anything is possible..the second bun is not silky in any way, her fur is soft but course ( if that makes sense ) short and she's just got a huge heart ( she officially owns me now..) i've only been informed she may be isabelle in color ( i have never heard of that so that was confusing to me, yep i'm blonde..) so any help will be appreciated and thanks dearly ahead..

039.jpg

It's very possible that the chin is a mini satin or mini satin mix. Many people are working on new mini satin varieties, so there are a lot of mixes being produced. (The satin coat is recessive, so first generation mixes don't have the very fine, satinized coats and some are even very coarse.)

The color of the other rabbit is "frosty". Isabella is a color term that we no longer use in the US - it's a blue tort (beige). Could also be a mini satin cross. Mini Rex are one of the breeds that have been crossed into mini satins to introduce new colors.

Pam

Ya i had no doubt a mix breed..i was just unsure of the breeds as that is not my specialty, and since i have no idea on her parents it made it even more impossible for me.

as for her friend, she has such a great nature i'm extrememly surprised as they were not " played with on a daily basis" when i put the hay in, she litterally looked like she had no idea what it was..she is eating it very well. both buns still look in great shape. unlike one of my lops..whom we lost this evening.. thanks ahead..

Latest posts

Back