Breed and colour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal4314

Reaction score
Hiya,

We've had Evelin for a year now, got her when she was a year old after the people who owned her got rid of her baby and decided that they didn't want her anymore.

If you could please look and guess what she is, I'd be very appreciative.

Crystal

30-07-200615-24-51_0048.jpg

30-07-200615-23-47_0044.jpg

01-08-200614-29-17_0026.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Lovely Evelin (love the name!) is a mini rex, noted for their very short, velvet-like fur. I'm not as good on colors, especially when it comes to the different browns. Maybe broken fawn? The "broken" just means the color pattern of white with colored spots. Pamnock has a great site on rabbit colors:
http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/coat_colors1.html

think she could be a mini rex, certainly looks to have the velvet look to her fur, not sure what they call that marking though hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along soon :)Very pretty though

LOL! Any idea what her weight is? Mini rexes are usually around 4 lbs or so, Standard rexes are more like 7. She just looks smaller and has a body type more like the mini rexes than the larger standards. Mini rexes are also more common pets due to the smaller size. I really haven't seen many standard rexes around although it might depend on the area.

Here's the site for the National Mini Rex Club:
http://www.nmrrc.com/

And the standard rex:
http://www.nationalrexrc.org/index.html

once I'm back from walking the dog I will weigh her... I'm guessing she's 4.5-5lbs, but I could be wrong. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference...

I say Mini Rex too. I have a mini rex, and she looks a lot like that one body wise....

Heres a mini rex....

brokenwinner.jpg

And heres a standard rex...

CRANBERRY1.jpg

If that helps you any... You can kinda tell the diference from those pics.

looks like a mini rex to me. . . i agree

as far as color she is going to be a red/orange/fawn. . . as far as i know in the mini rex breed these are all the same color genetically, they just vary in the depth (red being a "deeper" color, fawn being a "lighter" color) by a genetic modifier.

it is hard to say if she is a broken red, or broken orange, just because of how a camera with different lighting, ect can play a role in the online appearnce of a photo.

I agree with everyone else that she is a Mini Rex. She is absolutely stunning. I love the markings around her eyes.

Susan:bunnydance:

thanks everyone :) She weighs 5lbs, so I'm guessing she's just a heavy mini rex... broken red eh? I love the markings around her eyes, always think it looks like she's wearing eyeliner :biggrin2:

She was much heavier when we got her as she'd not long given birth, and then slimmed down when she had a bit of a problem with her foot this time last year, and now she's getting pudgy again :)

Latest posts

Back