Breathing Heavily

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyHasPaws

Reaction score
Since yesterday Oreo has been breathing heavier than normal. She's normally a heavy breather but yesterday it was different... So i assumed she was hot, she kinda looked hot. I put a frozen water bottle covered with a towel in her cage and told her good night. Woke up this morning (it was not hot btw, ac on in my house) and she was still breathing the same way. I gave her breakfast, kissies, a new frozen water bottle and came to work. I cant stop thinking about her though :( I just made my dad go check on her (so happy he lives so close) and he said she was eating hay and laying down and living the good life lol. Is heavier breathing something that happens late in rabbit pregnancy? Everything else seems fine.

I can't say that I've noticed any of our does doing that during pregnancy, even in thelate stages. Let me amend that statement. We had one doe do it, but her nose was crusty and she was stopped up...turns out she had developedpneumonia. Since your's isinside in AC then temps shouldn't have an affect. Do you hear anything when she's breathing? Does she sound or look stopped up or have a wet nose? If everything sounds and looks fine, then I don't know unless it has something to do with the position of the babies.

When I first got her she was a heavy breather and thats exactly what the vet told me. Said it was nothing to worry about because all seemed fine.
Called to check on her about an hour ago and my father said that i'm crazy and pay too much attention to them. He said she is FINE (he was pretty rude too, eyeroll). Now i'm not sure if i'm overreacting or its something. If she's still looks the same by the time i get home I will take her to the vet.
There is no crust anywhere on her. Her nose isnt wet, she's pooping/peeing just fine. Eating great. Everything sounds normal. Its just the breathing. I hope to find her a-ok when I get home.. i will update.

Oh that's what I meant. I always call first and ask them if they recommend me to bring her in or what. Its not that close of a drive and gas is no joke!

Yay! maybe she was doing it cause she was mad at you and wanted extra attention!! or shes like my dog and is so fat she just does that!? thank goodness its over and hopefully it doesn't come back!!

LOL @ La Rissa! That's possible!

I put a gallon of frozen water in there today. Covered it with a pillow case and she wrapped her body around it in this weird way lol.

Ate up all her breakfast and has just been digging her heart away.. but breathing is normal! WOOO!

Glad to hear Oreo is doing ok! Sometimes some of our girls have had "heavy breathing" moments, and usually it happens when they are uncomfortable or angry. Hopefully Oreo is just experiencing some discomfort from being so close to her due date! :)

Thank you!!!

Her digging is non stop!! She is digging up a storm as I type..cant wait till she pops. She hasn't been so mean lately :)

ZRabbits wrote:
LakeCondo wrote:
When is she due?
In sub-title says 21 days. Real close now.

Wishing an easy delivery and healthy kits.

K
Subtitles don't show up on recent posts or when following a topic. Maybe they should be, or drop subtitles entirely.

I'm sure things will be fine on the 6th. And don't worry if it's not that exact day.

4 days!

I'm bouncing in my seat!

ETA: We went to a Marlins baseball game at the new stadium. My digital cam's battery was dead, oops...so no pix of the eventful day we had on Saturday..I charged it yesterday.. just for kit pictures, i refuse to miss that!!!LOL

Latest posts

Back