Bradford 2009 nethie pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
My boys in their pens

DSC02919.jpg

Yoda showing how impressed he was lol

DSC02920.jpg

Sable marten went BOB

DSC02994.jpg

This is a lynx coloured nethie

DSC02992.jpg

aoc (in order from closest to furthest away) fawn, seal point, orange, sealpoint, squirrel

DSC02990.jpg

best Himmy

DSC02988.jpg

best marten smoke

DSC02986.jpg

best sable marten also best of breed ( was a stunner I had him pegged as soon as he came on table!)

DSC02982.jpg

sable martens being judged

DSC02979.jpg

best chin

DSC02978.jpg

this pic u can see me at far side stewarding with the book steward (Murphy in front of me and Trevor who is judging is the guy I got my chin nethies from)

DSC02976.jpg

I love the variety of nethie colours. So beautiful. Do you get butterflies shown in the nethies ever?

Yoda is so sweet :D

And I'm guessing that was a picture that Bruce took (the one with you in) :p

completely and utterly gorgeous! a netherland dwarf is deffinatly my next rabbit! it must be amazing seeing such cute buns of all different colors at shows.

no butterflies there As you know trace there are people woring on teh english marked nethie but they are struggling to get it right there are also people working on dutch marked nethies that I know of.

Peek a boo if you want a pole a nethie is a logical place to start and there are a lot of breeders around your area with nethies or I am a couple of hours away ;)dpends on what you want colour wise!!

my first rabbit was a Nethie she/he (never did know their sex) was chinchilla in color but my mum rehomed it when me and my sis lost interest i was 9 though! i probably wont be looking for another rabbit until one of my current 2 pass on (hopefully not for a while yet) but i deffinatly adore Chin, black otters and sable martens when ever i do start my search for one i will deffinatly be in touch!

im hopeing to get along to a durham show in the next month or so as i see theres one at the end of feb :)all depends if i can talk my mum into driving me since i dont drive (i really should learn!)

Must.... have..... Lynx Nethie! :shock:

Polly, are you the one in the far left corner of that picture, at the end of the table? With the glasses? If so, you're pretty! :p

polly wrote:
yep thats me

If that's you, who's taking all the pictures?

Is it usual to have several rabbits out together on the table? At our shows, the judge might have two out to compare the difference but never 3 or 4.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
polly wrote:
yep thats me

If that's you, who's taking all the pictures?

Is it usual to have several rabbits out together on the table? At our shows, the judge might have two out to compare the difference but never 3 or 4.

Bruce my other half is taking those pictures :p

at our shows we will have a lot out at once judge takes the first one weighs it starts assessing it and so on then as he gets through them he will put them to wherever he feels they fit into the line as in is it better or worse than 1st 2nd and so forth so there could be 12 plus on a table at once just depending on the judge and how many stewards he has :)

ok, what is the difference between an otter colored nethie and a sable marten nethie? Also, what would you call Frida (black) and Benjamin (blue)?

IMG_0006-1.jpg

I'm no expert but the marten is related to the sable colour, and the otter goes with the self colours. But essentially the same marking i think?

Also, Polly, above the variety of nethies, you put 'AOC' what does that stand for?

Alicia you have a black otter there :)

tonys human an otter is a self colour that has tort around chest, back of neck etc.

a fox is a self ie black, blue, choclate or lilac colour that has a white chest around nose inside ears bottom of tail etc

a marten is tehe same as fox but in what we call a shaded colour like sable or smoke, basically to my mind means that the coat is not a solid colour.

IMO your rabbit looks like a sable because you can see browns coming through on the sides.

Tracy AOC means any other colour. this tends to be colours which do not have a big enough class to have their own colour group your english marked nethies would come into that category or liek teh lynx etc which is not such a common colour. Squirrel however sometimes can be put in with teh chinchilla class but as it is a dilute colour to chin it never wins chins have better banding and so it stands more of a chance in any other colour

hope that helps you all out a bit guys :)

Latest posts

Back