Boys humping, can they father?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
Didn't know really what to put as the title, but i have baby boys, one of which now humps the others, and i know this is done for dominance, but also sexual too, so as he is humping, but there are no boy bits visible do you think he is just starting to hit puberty and they will come, or do you think they are un-descended ones, and if so is he able to father children at this stage?

How old are the babies? Who are they with, other babies or mom too? What breed are they?

Baby boys could start producing sperm at young ages. Some as early as 8 weeks, but most around 3-4 months old.

Rabbits also have the ability to pull their testicles up into their abdomen. So they may have testicles, but may be hiding them when you look.

--Dawn

It is only one acting like this, they are french lop cross holland lop (dwarf lop), and they are 15 weeks old, it is just with its brothers, all 6 are boys, well i am 90% sure they are, i am just shocked that all 6 are boys. I have been checking every day for its, as a couple of times they have got out of their run when mum was about god help me! Didn't see anything happen though.

If you can see the bits....I'm guessing he can father offspring...

I've had male lionheads get mama pregnant at around 8 weeks of age...I think it takes bigger rabbits more time to mature..

Peg

Girls will hump too - especially if they REALLY want to breed.

Several of my does live together and I've seen them chasing each other around trying to hump each other and sure enough - when I pick up the aggressor and check her privates -she's VERY ready to mate and trying to show somebunny - ANYBUNNY - what she wants...

Peg

Yeah all my females hump their flat mates, but i'm 95% sure that they are all males, so maybe he is just hitting puberty and hasn't dropped yet, do you think that is the moost likely explanation?

Latest posts

Back